southern indiana yoteis

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

M.O.A.
coyotehunter

southern indiana yoteis

Post by M.O.A. »

i live in southern indiana and was woundering about sents and lures do they really help that much?
and ive be having trouble with the yotes around the house as they wont come to calls i know there here but dont see them dring the day i hear them most every night and see there tracks but cant call them in? at first i thought it was my calling but ive went othere places and had no troubles.any help would be appreciated thanku
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: southern indiana yoteis

Post by Tim Anderson »

[quote][/deside to do a few barks and a howl or two just for the heck of itquote]

This maybe one of the reasons why they don't come in around youre place.
Don't condition them any more than you have to and also kill them when they do respond. Makes the game so much easier... Rather than set up by the house and try to call them in try going to the backside of where you hear them and make a stand.. Try to pull them in from a different direction... What it boils down to is useing youre head and think..Someone once said there are no silver bullets or secret sounds which I agree with 100%... Get a good book on calling Pred . and read it a few times to get a good understanding of the basic's and what to do and what not to do...
M.O.A.
coyotehunter

Post by M.O.A. »

im limited to where i can hunt around the house as there are other houses around i have permission to hunt the fields around my house and thats about it so i dont have a hole lot of land to be on i just do what i can
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

sucks to be limited like that :evil:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
M.O.A.
coyotehunter

Post by M.O.A. »

thats why i was asking about bait to try and put them where i want them and not where there want to be ?