Coyote w/JW

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tactical.20

Coyote w/JW

Post by Tactical.20 »

My friend from WY came for a few days. We went looking for coyotes 3 days in a row, I figured the second two days would not be good, snow and wind.. We saw one the first day. I blocked her from crossing a road 2 times. Then she decided to curl up in a low spot in the dead center of the 1x1 mile section. I walked out and had an easy stalk, I was suprised to get to this post at 80yds, it was the only spot I could get a rest and still see her in that pocket.
The first picture is through his spotting scope at nearly a half mile. I sold her for 20$
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Re: Coyote w/JW

Post by RandyRoede »

T20 did you sell it to ED in Spirit Lake? If you did next time tell him Hi from me. Good guy!! Sometimes I miss the old Iowa spot and stalk stuff, started it in the 70's with 22 rimfire or shotgun on sleeping fox, that was hunting. Bellycrawlin, no good Goretex clothing etc. The old 7X35 bushnell binos checking fenceline drifts on the south side with the NW wind. Lots of walking in a day but it was great.
Randy Roede
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

I sell to his partner Mike M. They have always given good prices for coyote and fox. I got good exercise today. 4 miles on one, 4.75 miles on another, both went too far.
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Yep, Mike used to come buy my coons at the house when i lived in Sibley. Good guys!!
Randy Roede