i thought it was gonna be easy

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

i thought it was gonna be easy

Post by bucksnbears »

froze my arse off this morning. was just gonna go for an hour or 2. spotted a coyote laying on the down-wind side of a big drift next to some standing cornstalks. i figgered this was gonna be easy as pie since it was real windy. from looking the situation over through my spotting scope, it looked like i should be able to get to about 150-200 yards so i broght my .222. the stalk worked out great. got to about 200 and he had no idea i was there. i took into acoound the stong crosswindand shot. i was going for the head. apparently i held to much into the wind as when i shot he JUMPED up and started pawing at his face while up on his hind leggs. i shot again and hit him throught the back legs. than he took off running. long story short was i was'nt dressed proper and had to run him down. finally killed him about 3/4 miles from the truck. by the time i got back to my truck i was as cold as i've been in many years. was afrain i freezer burned my left hand but it seems to be ok now. lesson learen, always expect the worse. coulda been real ugly if it was 20 degrees colder out.. the first shot him in the canine tooth and it went out the end of his nose
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Re: i thought it was gonna be easy

Post by Optimax90 »

Damn I bet that hurt!!!! Another for the pile, way to get after them bucs!!!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Now your getting into doing dental work huh. lol :lol: Nice job.
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

Sweet! I was hunting a tourny sat and forgot my gloves and facemask on one stand as my buddy dropped me off. I was froze solid till I shot a dog and started draggin. It can get scary with the wind and subzero temps. Think i'll make sure I dress proper so I don't lose the trigger finger someday to frostbite. :shock:
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

which tourney Nick?? how'd ya do??
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

The Valley City (Barnes County Wildlife) tournament. We had a great day and won our first tournament. Shot 7 seen 30. Small tournament though only 17 teams.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

8) 8) :D
snareit
coyotehunter

Post by snareit »

man that had to hurt
M.O.A.
coyotehunter

Post by M.O.A. »

i bet he dont have a runny nose any more