That was close

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tactical.20

That was close

Post by Tactical.20 »

I spotted a coyote, blocked him from getting into a tree filled river bottom. I walked out to him after he finally curled up. A truck was parked in 2 places to watch me, then it went over a hill. I realized he more than likely was going around the big section and would probably park in front of the coyote. I was nearly to the spot I needed to take my shot from, sure enough that moron had just parked in front of the coyote, he took off up a valley to the top of the hill. I ran as fast as I could in hope of a shot, not thinking it was very likely.
I got up there and the coyote had turned from going nw to the south, it stopped at 350yds and I just got to a decent spot to lay down for the shot. I held 1-2" into the snow behind its butt, knowing the 10-15 mph wind would carry the bullet into the body or chest. It spun when I shot, then ran over the hill to the south. I thought I had hit it in the butt, I was so relieved when I found him up there. The bullet hit him in the rear of the lung area. Decent fur on him, might get 20-25$?
I can't believe that guy, not sure if he didn't know parking there would scare it, or if he ment to scare it. This time of yr they all run if you stop with in 3/4 a mile of them.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: That was close

Post by bucksnbears »

good shot :D . same here tac. if you even slow down a bit, there heading out
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Good shooting!!!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

Thanks! I sure enjoy it! I really like the .204, wish I could buy the Swarvoski scope with balistic turrent, maybe with a good Leica rangefinder, I can do better at long range, like 350-450yds. I shot him with the Berger 35gr, small holes in his hide. The Nosler 40gr made small holes at 300yds, but closer they seemed too big! I want to try the Nosler 32 gr, see how that one does. Anyone know the bc of a 35berger-Nosler 32gr?
Oh, I had 5 in a row see my truck stop and run 5-6 miles before hitting trees or something to loose me, they are spooked bad by the run-n-gunners.