Any coyote hunters in northeast MA?

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

mamodei
coyotehunter

Any coyote hunters in northeast MA?

Post by mamodei »

I'm not a hunter, but I have coyotes getting into my pastures. I live in Dunstable, MA, bordering Nashua, NH. There were tracks all around the trampled area where the sheep are fed this morning. Presumably the llama ran them off as there were no injured sheep. I had a kill last fall, again the llama ran them off before they could eat. I'm sure they'll be back so I'll lock the stock up, but I'm about to start lambing and I need this under control.

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this, but I checked the Mass Fish and Wildlife and it is coyote season till March 8th. If anyone in this area is looking for a place to hunt let me know.

Maria Amodei
mariaamodei@verizon.net
mamodei
coyotehunter

Re: Any coyote hunters in northeast MA?

Post by mamodei »

Looks like I've got a couple hunters so I should be all set. I do know at least one person in Lincoln MA who is in a similar situation as me. If anyone would like to hunt in Lincoln let me know.

Thanks

Maria
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Maria - The best advice i can give you, is make sure that you don't let a lot of people hunt your property!! One skilled coyote hunter will kill more coyotes and do a better job for you than several hunters all giving it the old college try. With only one hunter in at a time he knows what happened when he was there and what he needs to change to be successfull the second time around. Make sure they are experienced at coyote hunting or you could potentially get a real serious situation on your hands where it will take a professional to take care of your coyote problem (for a fee if it is a private guy). If you have any questions, this site has a lot of ADC workers who do this for a living and kill specific coyotes. Let us know how it goes for you!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
mamodei
coyotehunter

Post by mamodei »

Thanks for the information. I don't have much time left to make a dent in the flourishing local population, but I spent time on the phone with the hunter and he sounded practical and experienced. And he lives in the next town over which makes it practical. He has a partner he has hunted with a fair amount and asked if I would mind if they worked together. It seemed reasonable. I was thinking that maybe there's a better chance of getting two animals killed.

Thanks again and I'll post the results.

Maria