coyotes

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

snareit
coyotehunter

coyotes

Post by snareit »

Mitch and I have killed 32 dogs in the last two weeks Mitch sold the last load to the guy in minot for a not so good average I was thinking if there was anyone out there that would want to try and skin all the dogs we kill we should try to get them to you so someone good make some money off them just a thought let me know. If not this year maybe for next year if Mitch does not have a skinning shed by then.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: coyotes

Post by lyonch »

Marty i know mitch and i have talked about this a few times, but i am a long ways away to just make a random visit to grab a pick up load of coyotes and go. I will be making quite a few trips to dickinson for work next year and could possibly meet you guys half way and do a quick swap if you like. I looked into a big walk in freezer for mitch, but the cost of that was about $5,000.00 minimum for my cost (I have connections in the refrigeration buisness). I will call mitch later and talk to him some more about it. Where there is a will there is a way :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Don't know about other fur buyers but the ones I have delt with really frown when coyotes are brought in un-skinned that are over a few days old..
You and Mitch should look for someone local that could do the skinning for you as soon as you get them...
I usually skin mine and then roll the hides up and then take them up to my fur buyer he will then take the hides over to a guy that finishes them for 5.00 per hide. Once stretched and dried they go back to the fur buyer and then are graded.. You could perhaps find a trapper in youre area or a kid in high school who could do this for you...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I will have to check and see what all is left but I had a walk in feezer years ago that got left a buddies shop. Panels, easy to put together. It would need a slab under it. You could call Larry Schultz in Arnegard, he might be interested in doing it for you as well. I know he has 2 walk in freezers.
Coyotes Forever
Jeck
coyotehunter

Post by Jeck »

Marty,

What was the average price you guys got for them? We just sold some and the average price was $13. I had a few that were not the best shot placement/rubbed, so they didn't bring too much cash... :oops: But one coyote went for $25 and one for $20. I am curious how that compares to what you guys are seeing.

Are the coyotes in your area starting to rub?
snareit
coyotehunter

Post by snareit »

7 to 10 but the bad thing is we do not take very good care of them just throw them in so they look like sh.
snareit
coyotehunter

Post by snareit »

coyotes still look good for the most part
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Those prices are pretty sad for a good quality coyote. Obviously the fur buyer is taking a risk if these coyotes have froze really slow or thawed part way and froze again, but the coyotes you and mitch shoot are worth a lot more than that. Hell bucks got better than that on the carcass for MN coyotes :shock: If they are rubbed and or shot up bad that will make a big difference as well. Mitch and i talked a little bit about it so far, but once i can see what he is willing to do and what not, i will let you guys know if it will work on my end :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Jeck
coyotehunter

Post by Jeck »

That is exactly what I got for the ones I threw in the pickup and let freeze up. The ones that were hung and looked nice went for the $20-25.

I have some more to take in again... I hung those and they look alot better than the last batch. So, they should bring in a little more cash... i think.
snareit
coyotehunter

Post by snareit »

ok lyonch, jeck 20-25 thats not to bad
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I just sold my S.D coyotes last week which were'nt in the best shape but avr.25.00. The Mn. coyotes I also sold were just as bad and got 10.00 avr... The lice is really giveing them hell this year....
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

why not ship them to NAFA. Bring your carcass dogs down to Rick in Butte and have him do your fur work and ship them to canada. It might cost you some money to get them put up, maybe $10 or so but your average will be a lot higher with those western heavies that you guys have up there. They sure aren't the MN dogs we have on this side of the state, commercial at best. :)

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I sold my MN early fall trapped coyotes (late Sept - Early Oct) coyotes and averaged $25 bucks, all put up. I will be selling my half of chris and I's coyotes on monday all put up, I am expecting no less the $30.00 a piece.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

I would think someone (furbuyer) would want to skin ALL those coyotes for you guys :wink:
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Xdeano is right Rick tschafer of butte will put them up and ship them out for you when i talked to him a couple years ago i think he was charging like $6.OO to put them up.