fun time!!

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

fun time!!

Post by bucksnbears »

i was supposed to go to Minot on fri to get my brother moved out because of the flood. i was 1/2 way there when he called and said a pile of strangers showed up and helped out and he no longer needed my help. as usual, i had my rifle,calls and bedding with so i figgered i may as well spend some time on coyotes. happened to find out that Lyonch was playing hookie from work and was gonna meet with Devildog for some coyote hunting and were gonna be in the same area i was headed to. we decided to meet up and make a few stands before dark. first set was a loser. second one 1 finally showed up but hung up at about 380 yards. Devil dog put a great shot on it with his .243. to late to make another so we had a few Schmitties and called it a night. they went home, i went to my camping spot. woke up early to locate but had no responces so i just went in and cold called some good looking areas. my foxpro had dead batteries so i had to use mouth calls. that was kinda fun for a change. :D hunted till about 11:30 and it started to rain so i headed home. ended up only seeing 6 coyotes but killed 3 for sure and purdy sure i killed another but would have had to cross water to confirm. took Roscoe with and the coyotes really responded well when the seen him. i shot 2 BIG males. both had broken teeth. soulda shot the females first but the males were leading and......... :wink: thanks for the quick hunt you 2. i had a great time 8)
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
1Shooter
coyotehunter

Re: fun time!!

Post by 1Shooter »

Nice goin' bucs!
Savage 12 .22-250
(As of 4/18/10)
Gopher - 2
Skunk - 2
Coon - 10
Possum - 1
Fox - 2
Coyotes - 2
Beaver - 1
Ermine - 1
Muskrat - 19
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Thanx for leting us tag along i was hopin to get to see your hound in action maybe next time thanx again.
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

380 is a damn decent shot. Nice....

leadbiscuit
blake
coyotehunter

Post by blake »

nice job chief. this is about the time of year i get bored with fishing and would give anything for a cool 10 degrees and 3inches of snow.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Blake it hit 101 out here yesterday the mornings are early and noon it's about shut down for the day. I agree give me 10-20 and no wind all year long!!!!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

bucks and devildog, it was a lot of fun to get out and make a few stands with you guys!! Devildog, you made a heck of a shot on that coyote :D The few beers at the end of the hunt and few stories with friends was the icing on the cake for that evening 8) I hope to get a chance to get out with you two again :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!