Hot huntin

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Hot huntin

Post by bucksnbears »

Denise and i left last saturday at about 4.00 and got to the area we were gonna hunt about 8:00. made 2 stands before dark. 1 got ruined by cattle and 1 we had 2 come in but hung up and barked at us. spent the night in the blazer and got up at 4:30. tried locating but nothing responded. weird!! this same area i tried last year and had tons of responsces. we walked about 12 miles and with the heat it got to be to much for her.actually i can't believe she lasted that long!!. we only seen about 8 and had 2 quality shots. i missed a 125 standing :oops: :oops: . Denise was locked onto 1 at about 200 but did'nt shoot. so i did :mrgreen: she thought it was to far :roll: . with all the tall grass it was tough finding spots to call. cattle are fat n happy though. we were gonna spend the night and hunt till noon on the 4th but she was purty whipped so we pulled the pin and headed for the cabin. we had a great time and i'm proud of her for what she did.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
EO caller

Re: Hot huntin

Post by EO caller »

Shooting up all your gas money for this season huh bucs? 8) Thats awsome you get your wife to go with you. Mine went once and videoed for me but nothing came in. She decided she was bad luck and never went again. :?
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

[quote="EO caller"]Shooting up all your gas money for this season huh bucs? 8) quote]
yeah, but still learning the game :wink:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

trust me, there is plenty of gas money running around even if you shoot a few in the off season. You won't make a dent in them, unless you use an airplane, or chopper.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Kelly Jackson
coyotehunter

Post by Kelly Jackson »

It was 83 when we left the house this morning, same as yesteday.
Sat morning my buddies year old 1/2 jadg 1/2 JRT that we are training on, got chewed on a little on the first stand of the morning.
Took her back out with my big dog Pepper and on the 1st stand, called in a last years coyote that was not an alligator.
Did the pup some good and she is back to rangin like she should.

Dave - tell me about your dog.

Yall stay after them
Kelly

edit to add, if you can cut and bale all that grass, you could sell it down here. Folks are selling off due to the lack of grass and ponds drying up.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i hear ya kelly. problem is it's so damn wet they can't get in to hay it :shock: . nothing special about my dog. he's only 1.5 years old. i've been taking him along hopeing he'll catch on but so far he's just a companion.. had a jrt up untill a month ago. but he turned into a pisser so.............. :cry:

here's a picture of Tucker. 1/2 basset, 1/2 english pointer. he was turning out to be a great dog but he gots Lymes and had to put him down a couple months ago. sure do miss that little guy :cry:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Great Post Bucks!! It sounds like you and denise had a lot of fun 8)
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Hmmm, maybe you have shot out the population of coyotes in that area..............NOT :lol: I knew it was going to be hot that week-end and thought about you two a few times, you always make the best out it all, Nice pix of the fox and the 2 dogs :D :D
a proud member of the "IF" team
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Nice work if you would stop hunting a little and work more maybe you and denise could make a prairie dog/coyote trip you selfish bastand!!!!!!! :lol:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!