whats the most coyotes youve called in to a stand

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

peanut8474
coyotehunter

whats the most coyotes youve called in to a stand

Post by peanut8474 »

I once called in between 15-20 one time, it was hard to tell there were so many in a hard run but I remember seeing at least 15 and thats by far more than the previous most of 5 in a different area. These 15 -20were very large and multi colored with several large black coyotes,but I missed them all from coyote fever , which I thought I was way past those days , but with their aggression and numbers, I biffed the shots, but they didnt go to far across a field to a tree line and just hovered there , because I could see all of there eyes in the tree line. Normally when i shoot they run to the next county. In my area I usually only call singles and some doubles and maybe 5-triples. I know that 15 can make your ass pucker :shock:
EO caller

Re: whats the most coyotes youve called in to a stand

Post by EO caller »

uhh,, :shock: :?: :|
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

speechless...
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

I called that many in once too. There were short ones, tall ones, big fat ones, and skinny ones. All different colors and hair lenghts too. Funny thing is that they all had collars on them.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

You had all 15 coming in to your call? or you saw 15 on one stand?

I've had 7 come in before in early October. I've seen 13-15 on a stand but not all of them committing to the call.
kflan22
coyotehunter

Post by kflan22 »

called in 4 on one stand, killed them all :D
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I called 10 in at the classic 2 years ago. I never seen such site,10 coyotes on a high ridge looking at me. I held off the call, I didnt want all 10 to charge hard, I wasnt set up perfect. Once 1 charged about 6 of them came hard. I ended up with 2 coyotes on that stand. What a rush!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

11 that i could see at 1 time. all coming across a frozen lake. Tom and i were kinda new to calling and we had a premature... only got 3.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Had 8 respond at one stand, only two came in range, only one of those died. :oops:

Called in four once, got all four. A bona fide quadruple, none of this call one in, kill it, call another in, kill it, so on so forth, all four came in at once, and all four died in order. Probably couldnt do it again in a thousand tries, but sometimes the gods smile.
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

xdeano wrote:I called that many in once too. There were short ones, tall ones, big fat ones, and skinny ones. All different colors and hair lenghts too. Funny thing is that they all had collars on them.

xdeano
I think youre confusing coyotes with a night in the bar in your college days.
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

:lol: a hole.

No, honestly the most was 7 at once, that was about 7 years ago, since then it's just been 6 or less.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Snowball1968

Post by Snowball1968 »

Back in 93 I called in 12 on Hyatt slough at once. And here is the rest of the story! We had lots of snow, so myself and two good friends snowshoed in about 3/4 of a mile. I was in the middle doing the calling and had a guy about 200 yds on both sides. The guy to my south spotted 3 on the far side sleeping on the ice; but I didn't know. My friends are both very good shots so in my infinite wisdom(ha ha) I set my rifle on it's bipod by my feet and stood behind a cottonwood. About 2 minutes later i have 4 coyotes appear in front of me less than 40 yds to the furthest(still standing by the coottonwood with the gun at my feet). They have me pegged down. On the back side of the tree were 3 more under 20yds. I'm trying to get the guy on the south to shoot by pointing. Problem was I told him the other guy was going to sit on the end of the evergreen belt(Whoops there are two evergreen belts about 250 yds apart). The guy on the south wouldn't shoot because he thought he'd be shooting at the third guy. The third guy was watching coyotes circling down wind. When the finally caught wind of me all hell broke out with coyotes going everywhere in the thick cover and we never got a dang one! Wish I would of had a shotgun! Maybe I would have been smart enough to at least set that up against the tree! Two hours later we finally managed to call in 2 and shoot them. It was a hard lesson learned. Harold
Snowball
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

The most I have called in at once is 7 and I only shot two. Things got pretty wild. They came off a river bottom 7 a breast. The Sun was shining on them and for a minute before I put my binocs on them , I thought they were geese because they walked into a cornfield that had been harvested. The coyotes white chest looked just like geese. I about shit my pants. The most I have shot by myself in a day was 7. The most I have seen on one stand was 20 and I posted on that quite awhile ago. I would have never believed that if I wouldn't have seen it with my own eyes. There was a lot of snow on the ground and they were all out there in little groups of two to 5 scratching through the sunflower field trying to get the sunflower seeds. This field was a huge one with lots of draws and hills around it. A perfect spot to call. Since then, Mr. Ted Turner bought up all the land around there and only a select few are able to hunt on the 150 thousand acres. Those guys that hunt that do pretty good in the local calling contest.
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Jerry Hunsley wrote:The most I have called in at once is 7 and I only shot two. Things got pretty wild. They came off a river bottom 7 a breast. The Sun was shining on them and for a minute before I put my binocs on them , I thought they were geese because they walked into a cornfield that had been harvested. The coyotes white chest looked just like geese. I about shit my pants. The most I have shot by myself in a day was 7. The most I have seen on one stand was 20 and I posted on that quite awhile ago. I would have never believed that if I wouldn't have seen it with my own eyes. There was a lot of snow on the ground and they were all out there in little groups of two to 5 scratching through the sunflower field trying to get the sunflower seeds. This field was a huge one with lots of draws and hills around it. A perfect spot to call. Since then, Mr. Ted Turner bought up all the land around there and only a select few are able to hunt on the 150 thousand acres. Those guys that hunt that do pretty good in the local calling contest.

Ted Turners a douche.

But hey, his son Beau "knows outdoors"! :lol:

Anybody ever seen his son's hunting show? That guys a pogue.
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

Yeah, I've seen it. That little weirdo gives me the creeps for some reason. They were airing a promo for a while that showed him shootin a rifle. He was flinching like a 12yr old. I took a grinder to the neck a year or so back. I've had a slight flinch that comes and goes ever since. He looked like he hadn't fired a box of ammo in his whole life. Made me feel better about my little flinch.