Coyote Fur in Sept - Oct...?

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

daniel brothers
coyotehunter

Coyote Fur in Sept - Oct...?

Post by daniel brothers »

Hey Guys... I'm wanting to come up there to ND and chase coyotes in mid sept through mid oct... is the fur worth selling at that time....? If so... how would I find fur buyers in the NW side of ND...? I know that later on in the colder months is better... but those months may not work out for me. Got any tips or ideas...? thanks...Dan
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: Coyote Fur in Sept - Oct...?

Post by Coyotehunter »

those hides are not going to be worth anything in sept and pert near nothing in october.
Coyotes Forever
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

Yeah, it would be pointless to shoot them that early other then to thin the population. The money won't be in there tell late Nov. good money that is.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
daniel brothers
coyotehunter

Well... I wasn't really wanting the money... just not wanting to waste the fur... don't know what to do with them... I'd hate to just toss them. The only reason I was thinking about coming then... was because it would be before all the bird and deer hunters got things aroused.... and the dogs would be more responsive to calling.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

makes sense....hides have no value that time of year though. You are taking a $50 coyote in November and December...end of september first part of October......no value.
Coyotes Forever
daniel brothers
coyotehunter

Maybe I need to change my dates. I don't want to waste anything.... and I'd probably tick off the locals as well. What do you think they could be worth in the round...in late Nov... early Dec...?
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

$15-$25 more or less just depends on so much but that should be do able
Coyotes Forever
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

Daniel brothers,
You're coming all the way to nd just to shoot coyotes.? You're out of sc aren't you? Unless you're up here in the oil fields already i could think of several other places to shoot coyotes. The oil field activity is going to have a big effect to the coyote population and calling. The oil field guys have money and buy everything the want and they get bored and go calling on their time off. I say good luck to you.
xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

i would head down to rawlins and baggs, Wy.
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

daniel brothers the fur will be just fine if you plan your hunt in mid to late Oct.. Fur is at its best before snow touches the ground.. Good luck...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

not really..........your best fur is the first part of december. YOY coyote in October have very little value. Any Fur buyer worth his salt would perfer a early december coyote over a october coyote.
Coyotes Forever
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

Totally agree ch.
tim you might get better money for an oct dog then a july dog but you cant beat a dec dog.
Xdeano
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Depends on where your at and what the ground conditions are... Here the fox season opens middle of Oct and the fur is at its very best just a few weeks after the openner and same canbe said for coyotes..As the season progresses the condition of the fur will go down especialy if snow is on the ground.. Last year I got the most money from my late Oct early Nov. coyotes that came out of the Dakota's....
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Just looking at my Nafa results from the last auction. We averaged 25-35 on our late trapped oct coyotes. Early december we averaged $78.00.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Where both batches of coyotes sold together but kept seperate or sold at two different dates??????

I remember some of your picks of the early ones, you had some garbage there if I remember correctly..