Counting Coyotes

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

you wouldn't happen to know which tournament that was? Glad you enjoyed the post. That article was published in Varmint Hunter Association last year.
rhino
coyotehunter

Post by rhino »

antler north dakota
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I did not know they even had a tournament. thanks
onecoyote

Post by onecoyote »

Rhino, in New Mexico it is legal to shoot coyotes from a truck, so I set my truck up to do that. I also make brush stands with hand calls and remotes, I try every trick in the book when coyote hunting and I've done pretty good so far. :wink:
kgp912
coyotehunter

Re: Counting Coyotes

Post by kgp912 »

Hello all this is my first post as I have only been in the hunt for Coyotes for 6 months. I too agree that the hunt is the most important item in the equation. I would much rather have a good long call in and take time on the stand than have a 5 minute call and see 3 or 4 rush in (that would be nice) but I would like the first of the 2. Last night I used my first mouth call (johnny Stewart PC-8)just before dark. I usually use my electronic call but I have to admit it gets quite boring just pushing play. Well I spotted one bout too far out and and then heard 2 more off in the distance. It got dark and I went inside. I walked outside and all 3 of them were at my stand in my back yard within 20yds. I watched them in the moon light and was glad that I did the deed and called in some with my mouth call. I can't wait to get off of work and go home and go to my next favorite stand for acouple of hours.
yote.JPG