Coyote Hunting Tacticcs and Calls

All you new guys who are just getting into coyote hunting, put your posts in this area. Lots of good information that would be helpful before putting up a post asking for the "how to" manual on calling.
HotDogg

Re: Coyote Hunting Tacticcs and Calls

Post by HotDogg »

Sounds good....
Every dog has his day
1dogdown
coyotehunter

Post by 1dogdown »

Highvel wrote:The coyote tenderloin smoked on a stick, with just a hint of dijon, along with your favorite beverage goes well at a party of non hunters! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats a good one!!!
shooter93
coyotehunter

Post by shooter93 »

i would use a shotgun with 8 shot then its like eating quial, calling is the easy part it is all the other things that may a good call, when, where, is it real cool or is it warm, just because you hear them at night there doesnt mean the coyote is there in the day, here the coyotes are in the medows at night but in the day they are obove the rims in the sage, if there is snow look for tracks, dont make fast movments on the stand, look at the asiest route for a coyote to come in with some cover if possible, learn these things and i will help, then they will come in some where else, like in your lap
HotDogg

Post by HotDogg »

Okay guys, I'm two years older now, and twice as experienced. We still have bought that rifle yet, but we're thinking we're going to buy a used .243 Winchester from TNT Firearms. If not, we will buy a .22 Mag. A guy I know dust rolled a yote last fall at 100 yards with a mag, so I think it can do the trick. I would like to have the .243 more, it can deliver more power. Still looking for buckshot, and likely next week, we'll take our first set for the year
Every dog has his day