Coyote Hunting Tacticcs and Calls

All you new guys who are just getting into coyote hunting, put your posts in this area. Lots of good information that would be helpful before putting up a post asking for the "how to" manual on calling.
DustyC

Re: Coyote Hunting Tacticcs and Calls

Post by DustyC »

WOW :shock: Don't i feel like a huge ARSSSS :oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry Hotdogg, I figured you were older. I wouldn't have used some of the language I used if I would have known. My bad.

Anyway, I wouldn't beat you up if you came to Wy. There are better ways to teach a guy a lesson than that. Especially at your young age. I'm glad to see a change in your attitude and I hope you're ready to listen and learn from these guys.

You have my advice on guns so good luck to ya.
"God hates a coward"
HotDogg

Post by HotDogg »

Hey, not your fault , I was being the bull headed, constapated butt hole, and I would've deserved to get hung in a tree by my feet. And the language is alright, its everywhere these days, by the way, what breed of cattle do you own? f I came to Wyoming, I would want a better rifle! My dad and I aare thinking of getting a .270 Savage. Do you use scent blocker when you hunt coyotes? Going hunting this saturday, gonna use the tips everybody gave me, I'll probably have a good hunt! And dusty c., god doesn't hate a coward, god hates me! And why in the world would you take me for a Older Person?
Last edited by HotDogg on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every dog has his day
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Sorry I missed all the action. looks like you guys have got it under control. HotDogg, make sure your on the right chat forum...............Lots to choose from out there............if this format is not to your liking move on. Everyone needs to keep it civil, know one including me wants to watch this sort of arguement. I appreciate differences of opinion but keep the yelling down to a roar. carry on. :mrgreen:
Coyotes Forever
HotDogg

Post by HotDogg »

Don't worry, just a missunderstanding. Hey, does anyone use scent blocker, and when do you guys hunt?
Every dog has his day
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

No scent blocker used. Call all day when ever possable....
HotDogg

Re: Coyote Hunting Tactics and Calls

Post by HotDogg »

How do you keep your scent hidden, what times of the year? do you use a shooting by-pod?
Every dog has his day
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Glad to see the attitude adjustment too. :D
I agree with what lyonch said about the .243. That would be an ideal gun it sounds like for your area of hunting, and for the animals you will be hunting.
Also gotta learn to go with the flow more and dont let things make you so quick to get angry. Thats the kind of crap we read about in the papers and see on the news, how some one torked someone off and he went and got his hands on a gun and went on a shooting rampage somewhere. We dont need anymore of that crap. The anti gun people dont need more (ammo) to try and take our guns away. :wink:
There is a bunch of Great people on this site that are more then willing to help someone out and give them pointers to improve their skills.

But I did want to tell you thanks for the laugh... I got a kick out of your "I was being the bull headed, constapated butt hole" comment. Never heard that one before.
:lol: :lol:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I wouldn't bother with scent blocker. the subject has been fairly well covered on this site. in great detail. some pretty good info. should be able to run a search for it.
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

How do you keep your scent hidden, what times of the year? do you use a shooting by-pod?
You don't! Just need to be aware that its there and set up accordenly. Wind in youre face or cross wind and being able to watch youre back side, also be ready to shoot before the coyote steps into youre scent cone... I use sticks and bi=pods. I think there is already a thread on this so look around you'll find it...
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

The wind is the best scent blocker made!!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
HotDogg

Post by HotDogg »

Thanks, does anyone else hunt in ohio that you know of?
Every dog has his day
EO caller

Re: Coyote Hunting Tactics and Calls

Post by EO caller »

HotDogg wrote:How do you keep your scent hidden, what times of the year?
A coyote can smell and detect what he is smelling up to one part per trillion . :shock: 75% of a coyotes brain is dedicated to sorting out what go's in his nose. :shock: So you can bathe in coyote piss or scent blocker and if one of your scent molicules come out and that includes your breath and it is mixed in with a billion or a trillion other ones, chances are he's gonna find it. And then its game over. :?
Moral of the story is know were your molicules are blowing and set up accordingly. :!:
Last edited by EO caller on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
Highvel
coyotehunter

Post by Highvel »

As far as guns go, a friend of mine wants to take his .270 hunting when we go next week.
I told him it was fine if it was all he had, but he would ruin alot of meat! :wink:
Be afraid; be very afraid, the Democrat's are Desperate!
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Highvel wrote:As far as guns go, a friend of mine wants to take his .270 hunting when we go next week.
I told him it was fine if it was all he had, but he would ruin alot of meat! :wink:
:lol: Hope you dont plan on eating ANY coyote meat. :mrgreen:
Highvel
coyotehunter

Post by Highvel »

The coyote tenderloin smoked on a stick, with just a hint of dijon, along with your favorite beverage goes well at a party of non hunters! :lol:
Be afraid; be very afraid, the Democrat's are Desperate!