Another new member with questions...

All you new guys who are just getting into coyote hunting, put your posts in this area. Lots of good information that would be helpful before putting up a post asking for the "how to" manual on calling.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Another new member with questions...

Post by Tim Anderson »

Top center, look left of the screrry calls. Right next to the black and white open reed. Little brown wooden call.. :oops:
I wonder what its worth today... :mrgreen:
MJS1977
coyotehunter

Post by MJS1977 »

I decided to order the primos/randy anderson predator pack to start off my calling... The distress sounds were fairly easy to make but the howling with the hot dog will take some time. It seems i can only make it sound good 1 in 8 tries or so. I guess it will take trial and error to figure out where my teeth and lips need to be placed to make the sounds consistantly...

thanks for all the replies and hopefully i will make my 1st set sometime this week after work. Worse case scenario i will only use distress calls if i cant get the howls consistant.
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

The Hot Dog is a pain in the ass unless its modified. Alot of times the reed will stick down when you get spit under it. Snakeman that makes the Dakota howlers modifies them and makes them way easier to use.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
MJS1977
coyotehunter

Post by MJS1977 »

What is done to make the call work better?
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Hit Steve up about it. I dont wanna give away any secrets. Here is the link.http://sdsnake.com/coyote.htm
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"