For getting started...

All you new guys who are just getting into coyote hunting, put your posts in this area. Lots of good information that would be helpful before putting up a post asking for the "how to" manual on calling.
Carolina Dog
coyotehunter

For getting started...

Post by Carolina Dog »

What e-call wolud you recommend the FoxPro or Primos Power Dogg? When you begin calling is best to start low and increase the volume or does it make much of a difference?
ky223
coyotehunter

Re: For getting started...

Post by ky223 »

Carolina dog i am new to this coyote calling my self.My wife got me a FOXPRO fo r christmas i love it i have called in one fox and 2 yotes i have used it about 25 stands already, works good for me.
bmax77
coyotehunter

Post by bmax77 »

Carolina Dog, where are you from? I am from around the Charlotte area, just west of Charlotte a little town called Stanley in Gaston Co. I am just starting in yote hunting and trying to learn all I can. Just trying to catch up with other hunters in my area.
Skinny Indian
coyotehunter

Post by Skinny Indian »

I see some other newbies from the Carolinas on here too! I'm from Wingate, so anyone who needs a hunting partner, hit me up! Word of warning, I won't be able to teach you anything though, cause i don't know anything :D
Keep your powder dry.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

The foxpro is a great product. I do not know any one who has any experience with the Primos line of ecallers.
Coyotes Forever
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Coyotehunter, you do know someone who has experience with the Power Dog. I've got one . Save your money and get a Foxpro. More sounds and more volume. I've set my power dog out their about a dozen times and didn't have any luck, but a dozen times probly isn't a good enough chance. Randy Anderson calls them in with one unless thats just movie magic. But still I'd get the foxpro if I had it to do over. What little I know about E-callers, you get what you pay for.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

if your gonna get an e-caller,i would shy away from the primos one. lots of bad reviews
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Carolina Dog
coyotehunter

Post by Carolina Dog »

Thanks for all the information on the calls.
I learned over the weekend that this game can make you think the worst of your calling and hunting skills. I have killed many turkeys(back when we had them) over the years and always said that, if they could smell you may never kill one.Well, now here I am hunting something more difficult and it does'nt give any indication that it is even in the area, at least an ol' tom may gobble as walked away but, you knew there was one in the area. Now hunting these dogs, I feel lost!! Spent 8 hours in the field over the weekend and only saw the signs of dogs. Reading the comments fron you guys does help fight back the depression at least i know that it is part of the game.
I was asked what part of the Carolinas I am located in - Chester,S.C.