OLDER THAN DIRT. OLD TIMERS CHECK IN

All you new guys who are just getting into coyote hunting, put your posts in this area. Lots of good information that would be helpful before putting up a post asking for the "how to" manual on calling.
mike b0070
coyotehunter

OLDER THAN DIRT. OLD TIMERS CHECK IN

Post by mike b0070 »

Having finally reached what I refer to is maturity and my grand kids calll older than dirt I was setting here wondering how many more like me that have survived military, marrage, kids and now grandkids are hanging around this fourm? Maybe we can share with the young pups what it was like in the GOOD or not so GOOD days? I know one thing for sure as all things in life do it sure has changed. I grew up with a shot gun 22 lr and a 30-30 by my side most of the time when working on the farm or in the country. I've killed way more coyotes at at the edge of the tractor lights at night while bailing hay or swathing than I ever have calling. My family ran cattle and sheep so we had a running battle with the coyote. I spent a summer and a winter with a government trapper learning to deal with them and have a chance of winning once in a while. Open sighted A3O3 springfield 30-06 and he could take a raven off a fense post a quarter of a mile away any time he chose to. Sure wish I had spent more time with him and a little less chasing skirts? Coyote hunting has always been a part of my life and wither called or teken by other oppurtunity its alwyas been fun.

Jump on in and share the history and fun. We now know we don't know it all so we need all the help we can get to learn what we have been doing wrong all these years.
You can always tell when a lawyer lies his lip's move