Wolf Hunting

The Gray Wolf (Canis Lupus) is the most widely distributed large carnivore in the northern hemisphere.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

DogHogWife
coyotehunter

Wolf Hunting

Post by DogHogWife »

Hey guys I might get out of the house after all!!!! :shock:

Dog Hog is taking me wolf hunting in Idaho in the beginning of March. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!
We plan on hunting around Mountain Home, Idaho. Any tips?

I am worried that being left at home all winter long is going to affect my performance of snow shoeing up a Mountain! :oops:
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Wolf Hunting

Post by bucksnbears »

should be a fun trip. here;s a tip: shoot faster than him :wink:
here;s another: give his scope turrets a few turns :wink:
good luck Robin. i wish you both luck.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

get him drunk the night before. March, should be interesting. I do not have any experience calling them in but Brad does. He would be the guy to ask.
Coyotes Forever
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Don't waste your time calling unless you have located them first you can cover a lot of ground and waste a lot of time calling an area that there isn't a wolf within 15 miles.

And shoot fast!! LOLOL
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
singleshot1
coyotehunter

Post by singleshot1 »

Brad, didn't you go wolf hunting right after the classic? How did that trip turn out?
" Do you squeal too...? "
DogHogWife
coyotehunter

Post by DogHogWife »

Great Tips on getting the drop on the Dog Hog!

It’s a long shot of even seeing a wolf but wouldn’t it rock if I came home with one and Dog Hog only has mine to look at!!!! I might even let him take a picture with me and my prize, nah; I don’t see my ass in any of the pictures he has with his collection of coyotes.

I got a new WT MA-21 for Christmas. It has some wolf sounds on it but it is on the big & heavy side. I think I can sneak it in the Dog Hog’s Pack so he can carry it up the mountain for me! :lol:

A few calls have been made and people are on the look-out for some wolfs for us. If we get into an area where people say they are, what calls should I use? If they hate coyotes, would coyote howls piss them off enough to come and fight?
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

How did the hunt go? See any wolves?