Wolves In Minnesota

The Gray Wolf (Canis Lupus) is the most widely distributed large carnivore in the northern hemisphere.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Wolves In Minnesota

Post by bucksnbears »

had to work outta town today. on the way home i took some backroads. was driving down a fairly muddy prairie trail and seen big tracks come up on the road . moose!!!!!!. havn't seen one in this area for a coupla years. the moose was running and 1/2 way down the road more tracks...fricken wolves!!!!!!!. looked to be an adult pair and 2-3 pups. the tracks were easy to follow in the mud. finally the moose bailed into a cornfield. musta been a bull as there was quite a swath going in. i circled the section and did not see any tracks coming out so i'm guessing.......????????? i really wanted to go back and follow the trail into the corn but got an uneasy feeling about it before i started to pretty sure theres a dead moose in there. i think i know who own the field so am gonna talk to him and see what he finds come harvest. just told the story to a friend that has relitives in the area an they claim to have seen them big wolf tracks. this is only about 7-8 miles from the red river :shock: -this is in the same area where i seen wolf track all last winter while coyote :wink: hunting.they lived in various standing cornfields. sly bastards
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."