Take a kid...

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Take a kid...

Post by Daryl »

Well I have not posted a pic in a while but this afternoon after watching the new video Coyote Craze my 6yr Old daughter asked when I was going to take her along coyote hunting and well it was hard to deside but I said lets go now. We went out to a good old spot and after about 10 min we had one 60yds from the caller carrying on like crazy. I took the shot and missed and the wife followed up with a good shot or well we think anyways but we were unable to find it in the tall grass so as we were walking my wife said there's another one coming so we sat down and I dusted her at 250 before she winded us. It was just a pup but my daughter was grinning from ear to ear that she got to see what daddy gets so excited about. Letting her experiance it was priceless..... We got it all on film also which was pretty neat.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Take a kid...

Post by bucksnbears »

very 8) 8) daryl :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

cool pic!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Way to go Daryl!! Great post :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Daryl whats that hanging off your gun down by the trigger?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Great Pic!!!

Looks like the video camera to me.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Levi PG is right it is a video camera. I want to start filming alot of our hunts. And If ever fortunate enough to place in the classic again can give the video to the moderators to watch LOL..
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

The end of May I was fortunate enough to get to spend a few days in SD hunting with my friends Randy Roede and Jerry Hunsley. I had a great time and learned alot of new things. I also got to see first had hunting with dogs and let me tell ya I was ear to ear smiles watching Wiley, Bart, and Millhouse (House) working. You can't beat spending time with good friends amd of course killing some coyotes. Here are some of the photos for your viewing...
Nodak72
coyotehunter

Post by Nodak72 »

"WOW" those pictures looked like that would be A blast!(Except for the snake picture! I hate snakes, and we don't even have poison ones where I live! LOL!) Way to go, Daryl!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Thanks Nodak72!! Man I hate snakes to.. They scare the crap out of me. Thank god Randy was there to save me LOL and hunting with Jerry was crazy to because he made a point to go looking for them I thought he was crazy.. See a snake and there is 2 movements a physical movement and a bowl movement.... Shit and Run.....
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

cool pics, what I wouldn't give to call some of that big open grass land right now. seems like this past month everything has been in the rocks and trees.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

great pics Daryl :D
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Awesome pics Daryl!! :D It sure looks like you have been doing some homework this summer :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Thanks guys. It was a helluva experiance that will not soon be forgotten. Good friends are hard to come by and ones that will take you out and show you some tips and tricks even harder.
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Daryl, it was a great time and I go down memory lane everytime I look at theses pics. That's why I take a lot of photo's, as you well know, to reflect and remember all the stuff that had happened over the years. Wish I would have started earlier in life.

I won't forget the snake, the whispering on the radio, "There's one right behind me!!!!!", the 45 minute stand with Millhouse working those two males in, the pair the last morning we left the morning before at 50 yards from the road, not having permission, the bulldog mentality I had when we couldn't find those other coyotes that same morning, finally we got into them, and all the others!! Many that as hard as I tried to set you in the right place they just seemed to be to focused on the dog and the caller. The dogs role in the whole deal!

Glad you learned a few things on the trip and that is what it is all about, sharing knowledge about what works for one may not always work for others. I find it hard at times because I assume a lot of things anymore are common knowledge because you do it and see it so many more times that the normal recreational caller does. Especially the changes and the fly by the seat of your pants stuff you have to do to fool each coyote. I know I have thrown a few curves to callers who have road along and think OK here are the sounds and sequences he uses and next stand it is totally different. That the reservation has a ton of coyotes but a ton of country too!!!!

One of the most important things we did is out of the more or less 2 days of hunting, half day first day, whole day second day, then another half day, is that we killed over 95% of everything that came to the call. Dead coyotes don't get any smarter.

Each coyote reacted differently to the same sounds and was then handled accordingly. The importance of locating and then choosing a stand selection that would work, allowing entrance into the country undetected. I know the 3a.m. wake up isn't always everyones cup of tea but it usually pays off!!

It was a joy hunting with ya and for those of you who haven't hunted with Daryl he can sure blow a nice tune on a mouthcall, shoots straight, has good equipment, and lots of good instincts when it comes to coyotes. Instincts are the things you just can't teach. He has always respected what he has been shown or told and hasn't claimed it to be his own like a lot of others here on the net. Giving credit where credit is due. That will keep the door open when it comes to sharing a trick or two. I am sure Brad and Jamie will agree!! Otherwise it will be slammed shut!!!

He taught me some stuff about my battery charger and other high tech crap I don't have a clue about, text messaging!!! Yes I'm old!!

There are guys who will take you out for a bunch of $$$ graduate you with a diploma etc etc and send you down the road. For the most part unless you are really new to calling it may not be the best money spent. Beginners for sure it helps, experienced not so much.

Daryl again a spot in my truck is always there for ya. Thanks for the kind words. Give that sweetheart of a wife and kids a hug from me. Keep that whatever the hell stuff we ate from DQ hot for the next time I come up. Good stuff!!

Randy
Randy Roede