Montana Hunt

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Optimax90
coyotehunter

Montana Hunt

Post by Optimax90 »

We got back last night from a few days in eastern Montana, antelope hunting. Got a day of calling in, with mixed results. No coyotes, the rancher we talked to said there are very few in the area we were hunting :? They have no tolerence for yotes in that neck of the woods. But did call a bobcat out of a creek bottom, but as non-resident I was unable to harvest the cat :( Still pretty cool to see him. he didn't present me with much of a shot, but I would have tried if able :)

Did manage to fill our antelope tags. the numbers are way down and bucks are smaller than normal, but still a good time and made a great sneak and shot on a 15+ incher.

There were three of us huting together most of the time, and another pair of three went the other way. My group all had rangefinder, mine was the only Leica :D And about anything past 275 those guys could not pull up, it was kinda amusing. My buddy said that if he threw his 30 yards ten times then he would know how far 300 yards was :lol: All in all good trip, and now I can get back to calling coyotes :D
Antelope Hunt.jpg
Antelope Hunt.jpg (7.68 KiB) Viewed 6185 times
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: Montana Hunt

Post by LeviM »

To see a bobcat and have the will power not to pull the trigger makes you a stronger man than I am. I dont know what I would have done :?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LeviM wrote:To see a bobcat and have the will power not to pull the trigger makes you a stronger man than I am. I dont know what I would have done :?

i know exactly what you would have done :mrgreen:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Lucky bastard and then a honest one at that!!!!! :D :wink: Good job Optimax a lesser man would have pulled the trigger.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

I guess I didn't know how big of a deal it is to call in a bobcat :oops: We see one or two every time we hunt this area for deer. Last time down deer hunting in 07 my buddy seen the same one about four or five times. He sat alot that year do to a bumb ankle.
Not saying that I didn't think of every way that I could get him back home. But with five other guys, and we were just off the main road with the camper, I figured maybe onther day...... And the fact that losing my hunting rights over a critter just aint worth it.
goats 09.jpg
goats 09.jpg (13.36 KiB) Viewed 6112 times
Got our goats all cleaned up last night, now the heads go to the beetles :)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

I know you always have had trouble with any kind of pussy...... Smile ya bastid !!!!
The Outdoorsman
coyotehunter

Post by The Outdoorsman »

Nice lopes. And yeah, it had to be tough not pulling the trigger on that cat. Mine would have slipped. opps!