first coyote of the year

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Nodak72
coyotehunter

first coyote of the year

Post by Nodak72 »

I was deer hunting on sat morning with no luck, walked into an area in A stubble wheat field where A chunk of the field bottle necks in between to big cattail slews and A C.R.P. field! It just looked like it would have A coyote in it, so I sat down in blaze orange in A weed patch(I was very careful with my movements cause of the blaze orange!) and blew turbo tweety for about four sets, and nothing! so I gave A howl on A diaphragm howler, and did another series on tweety, and that was enough, this coyote :mrgreen: came out of the C.R.P. and I lip squeaked him to 120 yards, shot off my knee, and hit in guts second shot was in spine, dead coyote! Bad news, I shoot A 270 Winchester, there is a hole in the side big enough to stick my fist,(270, not fur freindly!!! :mrgreen: ) had to leave it! no deer ,but this was much funner! :D :D

Dcoy
Top Dog

Re: first coyote of the year

Post by Dcoy »

Good going.I love 270s. :D
Nodak72
coyotehunter

Post by Nodak72 »

I love 270's also! they are an awesome deer rifle! (But, A touch of over kill for coyote's! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Nodak72
coyotehunter

Post by Nodak72 »

I normally shoot A 22-250 for coyotes! but, since I was hunting whitetail I had my 270!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

shoot em with whatever is handy. i shot 1 at about 70-80 yards last week running full out broadside with a .22 rimfire. took 3 shots and i hit it every time. :shock: did ya get your deer???
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
1Shooter
coyotehunter

Post by 1Shooter »

Nodak72 wrote:I love 270's also! they are an awesome deer rifle! (But, A touch of over kill for coyote's! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Haha don't worry about it man, I'm using a 30-06! :twisted:
Savage 12 .22-250
(As of 4/18/10)
Gopher - 2
Skunk - 2
Coon - 10
Possum - 1
Fox - 2
Coyotes - 2
Beaver - 1
Ermine - 1
Muskrat - 19
Nodak72
coyotehunter

(

Post by Nodak72 »

bucksnbears wrote: did ya get your deer???
No, I didnt get my buck yet, the weather is warm (50 degrees)and the deer aren't moving very well during the day! the cattails are tall and the deer are laying tighter than heck, passed A fair5x5 because I seen A freeckin huge buck, and didn't see it after that we have one more weekend of the N.D. rifle season, maybe this weekend! :) :) :) Did Minnesota's firearm season open yet?
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: (

Post by bucksnbears »

Nodak72 wrote:[ quote] this weekend! :) :) :) Did Minnesota's firearm season open yet?
yep, its over :D terrible year for the gun hunters
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Nodak72
coyotehunter

Post by Nodak72 »

Rifle season is officially over in the state of North Dakota, the wife and I can stick our tag's on the garage wall(we call it the" wall of shame!")! I hit A respectable six pointer but I hit it hi, tracked it for two miles,lost blood trail "he's Gone!" :cry: :x :x :x
Nodak72
coyotehunter

Post by Nodak72 »

My buddy and I decided to go night hunting on Wednesday night. it was cold and 15mph winds I howled by some C.R.P. and got A reply. so we made A stand and I called and my buddy shot! I was using A bite reed call made by Duane Thompson (and, also used one of his howlers!), and gave about three series of rabbit distress! Soon my friend gave my arm A lite hit, and whispered here he come, looked up and 60 yards away A male came bobbing across the C.R.P., and bang flop :D !!! It was our first time hunting in moon light! Were both Hooked :mrgreen: :mrgreen:!!!
This coyote was taken on Thursday, me with my friend calling! I gut shot him with some old factory Remington 55 grain ammo for my 22-250 (In no way is this an excuse for my piss poor shooting ability! :oops: :oops: )(I will go back to reloads)! this coyote lost his intestines with the first shot and the second made A heck of A hole in the back!(Sure hope my fur buyer has A sense of humor!) Had some hang up us, but we still had A good time :D :D!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON COYOTE HUNTER.NET!!
NODAK72!
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Good going.Looks like some I shot in NoDak earlier this week.Guts out,or head/neck nearly gone,or a shoulder missing,or...well lets just say 70 gr Speer HPs out of a 243 are not fur friendly.
Keep having fun! :D
Nodak72
coyotehunter

Post by Nodak72 »

What part of NoDak were you hunting in decoy?
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

i hate to say it, but that last coyote you might as well have just snapped a pick and left it lay. Those blown up coyotes aren't worth the hassle this year :cry:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Nodak72
coyotehunter

Post by Nodak72 »

yep, yer right Lyonch, I should of just left it! I thought we would take it with the rest and see what we get, but i'm sure not much, :shock: if anything! Besides, dragging them through snow 2 miles back to the truck is half the fun! RIGHT??? :| :| :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL!
The Outdoorsman
coyotehunter

Post by The Outdoorsman »

Congrats on starting the new year off on a bang. And what was there left to drag back to the truck??! :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: