Black Coyote Shot In Midwest

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Black Coyote Shot In Midwest

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

This is a picture of a black coyote that was shot by the Minnesota -Iowa border by Spirit Lake. A friend sent me the picture but I can't tell you his name. The fellow has shot 40coyotes this Winter by the spot and stalk method. Most of the coyotes that I have seen are usually from farther East and South. I sure would like to shoot one like that. This fellow is going to have it tanned. Image
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Black Coyote Shot In Midwest

Post by bucksnbears »

thats awesome Jerry. thats a trophy for sure. i seen and shot one last oct but it got into canada so i could'nt persue it. :( only one i've ever seen
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I would love to just see a black coyote, that is really cool!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Very cool. I would love to see one of them let alone shoot one. But my luck would be I would shoot one and it would be full of Mange. That would SUCK......
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

Its really funny to be able to say this but for as few coyotes as there are around SE MN, black ones like that are not that rare. I have heard but not seen of one being shot locally this year about 2 weeks ago but in a normal season, I probably lay eyes on one a year or one every other.

I would love to be that guy to drag that into the taxidermist. I am almost sure I would do a full body mount!!!!

Good job!!!!

jaybic
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Thanks for posting that Jerry!!! Black coyotes are always cool to see. Jaybic i know that guy that shot that black coyote about two weeks ago. I can tell you that it wasn't called in if you get my drift :?
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

I've never seen a black one, I've seen a few white ones. I have a red one (looks like a red fox). I've shot a couple that were close to looking like a samson (no guard hairs on the entire body, not mange). I'd love to take a black one. My boss has one hanging on his office wall that he took down in Mississippi 20 years ago. They are cool.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Wow quite awesome!
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

NICE, someday??? thanks Jerry :D
a proud member of the "IF" team
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

Lyonch,

I dont know who shot it but it was part of the "truck hunters crew". If I heard his name, I am sure I would recognize it but yeah, I am sure that it was not called. They hunt the same area EVERY SINGLE DAY and they, last I had heard had killed 69+ coyotes so far this year. Its normal for them to get 100-120 a year so its slow for them this year which is fine by me. That area is very high in coyote numbers for SE MN area and they do not call at all!!!!!! The typical method is to circle the section at first light, spot one and get him going(by shooting at or near him or the woods he is hiding in) or get a hot set of tracks and send a guy in on snowshoes to bump him out and the race is on. :x

I got something for them fellas next year I tell ya. I finally figured out what to do and cannot wait for next september to roll around. They dont hunt until they can have rifles out after deer season and there is snow on the ground. I been out getting permission already for next year in the same area and I tell you what...After I get done out there from the first week of Sept to the first week of November, they'll have a lot less coyotes to shoot at out the truck window.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Now your catching on Jaybic!!!! Start earlier, The truck crew usually wait till after deer season, and they need snow to spot them!!! Call you honey holes early, and pick of what you can :D
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Awesome Jaybic

I hope you have a great fall!
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

Seems like they have more in IN, some are more black than that. Does he hunt with Mike P? I caught one by Emmetsburg 18 or so yrs ago, but it was only 1/3 as black as that, I thought it was real dirty, till I washed it!!lol