Trail Cameras

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Trail Cameras

Post by bucksnbears »

interesting!!!!. the ones i've tried in the past were flash cam's and have had bears knock them around. have'nt yet tried my new infrared one yet. kinda cool to get a picture with nothing but a tounge in the frame. wonder what they think when a flash hits em inthe eye at meere inches. this year was the best for early movement in 25 years. lots of bear were moving at 4-5 p.m. denise shot her 1st one about 4.45 pm and i dropped her off at 4.40 she was climbing in, did'nt even have an arrow nocked. our camera took a shit so no pic's of the 1st ones we took
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Jeff Rheborg
coyotehunter

Post by Jeff Rheborg »

Here is one of our VHA Range coyotes, we call him Ol' 3 Legs.
3Leg2.jpg
3Leg2.jpg (64.4 KiB) Viewed 17631 times
3Leg.jpg
3Leg.jpg (63.88 KiB) Viewed 17631 times
Jeff Rheborg, President
The Varmint Hunters Assoc.
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Jeff , that's the one I dropped a leg on last year:LOL!!!!!!!!!
Jeff Rheborg
coyotehunter

Post by Jeff Rheborg »

Jerry,
It was either you or Randy.... I do have a rifle range if you guys need to practice.

ps - leave my coyotes alone LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Jeff Rheborg, President
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Still looks like a YOY to me, Jerry you want to go callin??? $100 bounty on ole three legs. Odds of Jeff killing it are very slim!!!LOL
Randy Roede
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Anytime. There are three more out there also. I have been watching them all summer. There was four but now I have only been seeing three for quite awhile. Two adults and two yoy. I think one of the pups got run over.
Jeff Rheborg
coyotehunter

Post by Jeff Rheborg »

Jeeze you guys, no wonder I never call any coyotes around here, you sob's never quit hunting them. But if Ol' 3 Legs is worth a $100 "GAME ON BOYS!" LOLOLOLOLOL

Jeff.
Jeff Rheborg, President
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I shot something like 6 peg legs this summer. All with the airplane. 3 off of one ranch. the one had been there for at least 3 summers now. Ranchers trying to help you know. Randy you must have a few of those type.
Coyotes Forever
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Jamie you are more apt to see more of that in that heavy aerial hunted stuff IMO, I think I lot of those cripples that may get away from the plane etc, have busted legs. As you know when you check some under the plane, their legs are usually all busted, just my opinion.

My old pilot would say if you hit em in the ass on a pass that "YOU HIT HIM IN THE HORSESHOES" in otherwords aim further forward or cut down on the reverse lead.

From time to time i see one, some that from a bullet or something but others that look like a birth defect with a pad on the bottom of the stub. Two recently come to mind.

Seen numerous come in to the call and show no signs of missing anything until you go to pick them up. Had one that could not stand still upright, missing a front leg from the shoulder. It had to move to keep it's balance.

Shot one with a shotgun on the road that was missing a front paw, and had snare cable around his neck after checking traps and snares there. Yep it was my snare cable and I did have a ring out in that same area.

Ever drive up on one in a trap and see him pop out??? If it gets muddy etc. this can happen real easy. Slick foot slides out!! I always keep a shotgun handy.
Randy Roede
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Rumour is that ole three legs may be in trouble!!! Stay tuned!!
Randy Roede
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I had a coyote by 2 toes once that would have been gone had I not had my pistol on me. I would have bet you seen more of the pull outs on some of the older traps. Those bridger 4 coils with the offset do not flex much and that is all I use out here. What are you running for traps? brand, size, offset/no-offset. I do have about 3 dozen of the #2 bridgers which is a fine trap but the #3 is the way to go IMO. Your right about the legs on a coyote shot from the plane. We run pretty heavy on the ground crew and dogs. We rarely lose one. though it does happen even in the most open terrain. I think praire ghost just had one get up and run away on him. I think it may have been a foot caught in a snare. I got some pics on here some where with two dead coyotes in the same day wearing my snares. both hip caught. both snares the swivels had failed. I got one shot with a shot gun that praireghost called in for me and the other I caught in a snare, just maybe 40 yards from where I caught him last time. I also had caught a coyote the year before just down the fence that all I had was the end of the tail. That pic is on the site somewhere as well. this coyote that I hip caught that was wearing another of my snares on his hip was also missing the end of the his tail. Both coyotes I took on the same day. GO figure.
Coyotes Forever
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Yep had one bust out of a fence snare as i drove up and never did get him shot went to fix the snare and sure enough there was a single toe caught in the snare. I have shot a few peg legs down here but not that many. I did shoot one in MT one time that was missing a back leg all the way at the top joint looked like he was born without it.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

I had a friend tell me , he saw one down on the Grasslands that was missing one front leg and one back one. He would have been shit out of luck if both front and back leg were on the same side, but fortunately for him, they were on opposite sides. Pretty amazing what you see sometimes. I caught a coyote in a leghold one time and the guy that used to skin for me said he had one Hell of a time skinning one of mine. The coyote had a snare deeply embedded around his neck.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Cambell county WY had a coyote that was killing sheep years ago and when it was finally shot and killed it was peg legged on both back legs. :shock:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
2tonyb

Post by 2tonyb »

This is my first post so why not try to post a pic!