Skining gambriel for truck

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

Skining gambriel for truck

Post by lyonch »

The is a skinning gambriel that i built for my truck. It slides into the receiver of thre truck. Welding and cuting time took me about an hour cause i had the tools at my dads place of employment to do all this. The painting time took about 2 hours because of dry time. I was only able to give it a try once because levi and i only got out one time before we started hunting some tournaments. It worked very well in my opininon!!! :D What inspired me to make this was the video skinning for profit and jamies pick of him trying to skin one on a fencepost. The top telescopes and is adjustable up to about 9' above the ground. I put a chain on it so that in case i shot a fox i was able to hang the animal a little lower so he is at eye level. I put a swivel in my chain so that we can spin the animal around without having to walk around him. I also like that the carcass stays in the woods or out in the field so you don't have to deal with it

Brad just let me know what you come up with.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Now that is slick. I will have to get a digital picture of the one Craig O'Gorman has mounted on his truck. He has his mounted on the front bumper of his truck. A fence post will work, I have used telephone poles when I couldn't find a fence post, the whole time thinking I need something mounted on the truck.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Ya i'm working to get a set up only i don't have a reciever hitch so i'm wrestling with that aspect.

Looks like it is going to save you a lot of time Lyonch
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

i talked to the guy who welded this up for me and he has some down time right now at work and if someone needed one to be made that you wuold just have to pay his labor and if you wanna do it yourself let me know and i will get you the dimensions on mine. Mine took him around 30 minutes to weld. i painted it myself and added a cheap gambriel. PM me if your interested!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Brad if your ever in the bismarck area or Balta let me know I will hook you up. I am a welder, fabricater, mechanic. I am sure we could fix ya up. By the way lyonch nice set up. :D
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...