2nd Coyote in two weeks.

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

mancimotors
coyotehunter

2nd Coyote in two weeks.

Post by mancimotors »

Passed on a fox and took the 30 pounder instead. Second in two weeks with my .22 savage and CCI velocitors. shot this guy from 100 yards out. He ran and I couldn't find him last night. Found him this morning about 50 yards from where i shot him but in the opposite direction from the way he ran.
Attachments
IMG00237-20101028-0934.JPG
IMG00235-20101028-0917.JPG
IMG00236-20101028-0934.JPG
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: 2nd Coyote in two weeks.

Post by lyonch »

great pics!! Keep stackin em up :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Urban work?
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

Why does it look like it has a black collar?
mancimotors
coyotehunter

Post by mancimotors »

It's not a collar, lol. its the strap i use to drag it out of the orchard. I drag it from the head to keep the coat nice. If you drag from the feet, it destroys the pelt.
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

um not to rain on your parade but if you drag a coyote any which way, it's going to ruin the hair. stick them in a drag bag made from what ever you want.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
mancimotors
coyotehunter

Post by mancimotors »

xdeano wrote:um not to rain on your parade but if you drag a coyote any which way, it's going to ruin the hair. stick them in a drag bag made from what ever you want.

xdeano

"rain on my parade", I don't think so. Pelt still looks great.....so did the last one.
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

ummmm, not to sound like a horses ass or something but you might want to listen to what some of these guys have to say. They aren't just a bunch pretty faces most have a few more than 3 coyotes tothere name this month.
I can tell you from experience that the info you gather oss this site can be very benefficial.
"God hates a coward"
mancimotors
coyotehunter

Post by mancimotors »

i would certainly give a bag a try if i cared about the pelts. i dont keep them so it really isnt an issue that i have much intrest in. thats all. someone that knows a thing or two about pelts told me that if you have to drag an animal, always drag it with the direction of the fur not against. makes it much easier to pull also. but whatever..... wasnt disrespecting anyone. just didnt want it to rain on my parade, lol
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

[quoteIt's not a collar, lol. its the strap i use to drag it out of the orchard. I drag it from the head to keep the coat nice. If you drag from the feet, it destroys the pelt.
i would certainly give a bag a try if i cared about the pelts. i dont keep them so it really isnt an issue that i have much intrest in][/quote]

Sounds a little confuseing. You don't skin or keep them so why worry about how they look after they are dead and why bother dragging it to the truck?????? :roll:
mancimotors
coyotehunter

Post by mancimotors »

what truck? i drag them about 1/2 mile from my stand, and leave them there. i was asked about the strap on the dogs neck. my answer was, what was taught to me, and how it was explained to be the better way. its also easier for me to drag from the head. feels like im pulling a truck by the time i get there as it is. whats the issue, not sure i understand?
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

If youre not skinning them then why go to all the trouble of dragging it away from youre stand a 1/2 mile???
mancimotors
coyotehunter

Post by mancimotors »

my stand is close to my house. i dont want the smell and i dont want my pets messin with them. i drag them to a spot at the edge of a field where i can see them from my bedroom window with my binoculars. anything else?
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Good Grief. LOL good job with the kill'n.......I don't care what you do with your coyotes :D just keep knock'm down and post the pics.
Coyotes Forever