Two Little coyotes

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Two Little coyotes

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

I first saw one of these little coyotes up at the Kenmare N.D. tournament. Got to looking on the internet and found where you could order these. They would make great trophies for the winning teams of some tournaments. They cost about about $24.00 with shipping . They would even look good in a callers den at home. Image
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Two Little coyotes

Post by bucksnbears »

thats great Jerry, my brother and i were talking about the same ones. we both thought they were cute as hell. by the way, where have you been???? kinda quite lately. ai'nt you out shooting stuff or have you retired :lol:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Bucks, I went out to Montana for 4 days and never shot a coyote. Talk about a very disappointing trip. I hate to bad mouth Montana. It was a very pretty state with real nice looking coyote country. Some of the guys said before I went that it has been hunted heavy with snow mobiles. I talked to several different people out there and they said the same thing. One guy told me in one contest at Jordan , the winning team got 60coyotes . I found out they have them roundups in Lindsey, Circle, and some other places. Every place that we stopped to get permission said they had all kinds of coyotes. I realize we were in sheep country, and also , the elk, deer, and antelope season was on. We heard a lot of shooting , but never really saw that many hunters. I like to look for coyote sign, game trails, and tracks, and there was very few of any. The ADC people are doing a good job it looks like. We went to one sheep farm North of Jordan and had 3 coyotes coming in and one of the only hunters we actually saw came driving along. Well, you know what happen to the coyotes. GONE!!!! We managed one fox and I should have had one coyote. Like I said no bad mouth intended, just not a trip I had imagined. It is pretty hard to remain intense when call after call , nothing shows up. On the 4th day, I decided we had enough and headed back to South Dakota. I got home the next day and went out. On the way to my calling area , I saw more game than I did the 4 days out there. A nice 180 mule deer and a 150 whitetail , right off the road. Then I kept driving and another beautiful Mule deer on the hillside. When I finally got to the area I wanted to call , I gave a howl and the whole area lit up. I started glassing the area and counted a family group of six and then another adult pr. in the same field. Then all of a sudden, I hear a deep ole male howl. Pretty close to me and about 3 minutes my dog took off. He spotted the coyote down at the bottom of the draw before I even did. The ole coyote bristled up and when my dog turned around to come backto me I lowered the boom . I left the other 8 alone for later. I didn't want my dog to get into a pissin match with that many coyotes. My computer wont let me see what I am typing so I apologize for the mistates. Contratulations for your win. The was an awswome day
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

For some reason after I fill this colum with typing my computer won't let me see what I am typing and that is why all the mistakes. I am actually smarter than what it looks like. Anyway Bucks, you had one heck of a day along with the other teams that placed. Here is a picture of the last coyote I was talking about. A Imagebig male.
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Jerry, Sorry to hear about your poor experience with Montana. I really figured you would do well over there where you went. I do kind of think the deer and elk hunting pressure may have slowed up the coyote hunting a bit. I have noticed the coyotes not responding as much since it opened.
Did you get to see any elk in that area at least? :)
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

I think the timing was bad and you are probably right. We never saw any elk. We were over on the Black Foot seven ranch which is good elk country. The ranch is right up next to Charles Russel Refuge. I did see a nice elk a young fellow got with a bow a few years ago. A real beauty. They had another couple sections of land farther East North of Jordan which we tried and saw one coyote just before dark. Really good looking country. I think next year , we will probably go to North Central S.D. or Wyoming. I ran into a guy from Jamestown who told us to come up to his place. He lived right off the James river. We might give that a try also. How was your elk hunt?
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I'm a little late but you should of tried the area south of Miles city.. Jerry set aside a day for you and me to go calling, I''lL be out the week of the V.H. contest and you can bring the dog along..
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Hey Jerry. Montana has some pretty lax hunting regs in some situations. I managed a large ranch in the Bearpaw Mountains south of Havre and 80 miles from the Canadian border. If you ever want to go back that direction let me know. I know alot of people up there that don't allow snow machines and the coyote hunters always said the calling was superior. I also know a guy out of Big Sandy Mt on the Missouri River that has excellent upland bird hunting and alot of coyotes. I wasn't into the calling thing back then(I really wish I was) but I think you would be all right.
If you decide to come to Wyoming let me know. I could give you a few good spots and a place to stay if you want. We live north of Jeffrey City which is 60 miles north of Rawlins and about 80 miles east of Riverton and Lander.
Let me know.
"God hates a coward"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Jerry, where can we find them???. . they are worth way more than 24$ :shock: thanks for the congrats. it was awesome :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

It sounds like you picked a bad time to go Jerry!!! Thats not what i was expecting to hear when you got back :? I think if you pick your dates a little different next time, you will shoot several in the same area. Try to hit that area before the hunting season opens and any snow flys :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

ordered up one of them litte coyotes. thanks Jerry :D
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

bucksnbears wrote:ordered up one of them litte coyotes. thanks Jerry :D
Hey bucs, what website did you find those little devils?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Ebay.. howling wolves coyote figurine
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

bucksnbears wrote:Ebay.. howling wolves coyote figurine
Perfect, thanks!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i think there was about 4 for sale so don't out bid me or i'll haffta give you a nutty punch :mrgreen: