Coyote Kills Deer in Fargo

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Coyote Kills Deer in Fargo

Post by Tim Anderson »

Pretty cool photo's. Congrats to the coyote....

I stopped worrying about what coyotes or fox kill, they are just doing there thing and I have no hard feelings torwards them for doing so.. After all they are not killing my deer or pheasants but someone else's . :mrgreen: . There was a time when a hunter could hunt most anywhere by just asking then greed took over.. Hope the coyote gets greedy and kills another one... :D
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

I think the one thing that should make people aware of is that one coyote can and do kill deer, it's not always a pack or even a pair they can and do take full grown healthy deer it's just a matter of how bad they want to do it.

This may be a yearling but it will give you some idea of their ability to hunt deer sized animals. There was a study i believe it was in Maine where coyotes got locked on a big herd of deer in the winter, they cleaned out the herd over the course of the winter. Healthy adult deer, does, fawns, and bucks. This was a herd in the 100's if i remember right?

Mother natures way of reducing populations of one species to benefit another.

I am guessing those town deer cause a lot of problems in Bismark like they do here. We end up shooting a bunch of them here in city limits every year.
Randy Roede
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

All very good points Randy. Fargo, has opened a city limits bow liscence in the fall. Land owners have been complaining of deer issues in city limits. I think you made a very good point, that its natures way of controlling itself.

I
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Levi with all the deer complaints I am dealing with now in stackyards etc I wish I had some deer killing coyotes around.

The coyotes are really hunting the antelope here but it should slow down with the warm weather. the antelope were getting worn down and the deep snow was making them easy targets for the lighter coyote.

Suprisingly the deer are staying in good shape.

Muddy muddy mess here right now!!
Randy Roede