Coyote hunting

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

22-6
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Its a 6MM necked down to a .224. It will send at 69 gr. BTHP out at 3680 FPS with 49 gr. of R-22 behind it.
Last edited by Coyotehunter on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt
coyotehunter

Post by Kurt »

What twist does the barrel have it must be a fast twist like a one in nine to twelve to stabalize the hevier bullets. Also who built it for you. I dont mean to keep bothering you about this rifle its just that Iam gun nut. I lived in Casper Wy for a couple of years and got to be good friends with a gun smith there. I had 2 rifles built on mauser actions both of them comercial. One is an Interarms the other is a Herters one is in 257 Roberts the other is a 22-250
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Corky's gun repair out of Oslo, MN built that particular gun. It is a 26" Hart Match Grade barrel with a 9:1 twist.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

nice couple of singles.

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

those are 2 nice looking dogs! You should be able to make them look all nice and pretty after stretching.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Thats the plan, I need to get rolling on it. The freezer in the garage is full and the critters are stacking up on the floor in the garage and the wife thinks I need to get them moved. I have been finishing off the inside of the garage along with a new over head door. I have to get the ceiling finished then I can get my benches done. right now it is just a big mess.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

mixed bag on the snare line
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

whats the black critter??
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

That is a male Fisher. I have been having some problems with uploading pics to the server and just got this up today. I ended up with 2-skunks, 2-racoon, 1-fisher, and 1-red fox on one check of a 80 acre pasture. I have 36 snares in there that I check during lunch time at work. Great way to spend my lunch break. The coyote was snared about 3/4 of a mile south of my house on a trail going down to a beaver pond back in the woods.

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

what do you do with the skunks!! I bet thats a treat to see in your traps!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Well, $7.50 a piece. Not my favorite animal to skin.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Jamie since i am going to be a new trapper this fall, I have been doing a lot of reading on the internet and there was an artcle that talked how to dipatch of a skunk without them smelling and it said to take your coat and throw it onto the skunk so that it can't lift its tail to spray and then take the animal to water and throw him and the trap into the water and all the smell is dispursed under the water and he doesn't even smell when hes done. I am assuming this is for leg traps though. Let me know if you have tried this or do you think that it was a bunch of BS cause i don't feel like taking any tomato soup baths anytime. Nice picks of critters by the way.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Well, skunks and the smell are just part of trapping. I have been sprayed a couple of times over the years due to me not being careful and a quick shower takes care of it. Most guys will just lung shoot them and let them expire. Having a skunk shoot a little on set is a good thing and will attract animals. The coat and drowning will work but it is to much screwing around for me. If you do not want to skin them I will quarter them up and throw them in the hole or just leave them a few feet from my set. I would be happy if at the start of the season I could catch at least one skunk in every set. It will help get things going. Other animals (fox, coyotes, ) will come to investigate the smell.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Thanks for the info jamie!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!