Cat Tracks

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Cat Tracks

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

This is a picture of a set I had for bobcat. I saw these tracks along the outside edge of a meadow, so I put a set in. It was at the end of season and I was leaving for Texas so I pulled the set in a few days. I think I probably would have caught the cat if I would have waited him out until he made his round again. It is a pretty good bet that if you see where a cat has been traveling he will make that same route again. It may take a week or two but he will. The messier you make the set the better it is for eye appeal. I was at the S.D. Trappers Convention about a mont ago and picked Dirk Millers brain on cat trapping. He gave a good demo and I learned a few things. One thing to keep in mind that I didn't know is bobcats have to have fresh water everyday. That is a confliting statement according to some other posts on another forum, but I found that interesting. I think I will believe Dirk. He makes some good coyote and cat bait also. Very interesting man to talk to. Hope this picture gets you pumped up for hunting and trapping this year.Image
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Interesting Jerry. I agree with waiting cats out if you have the time. Is this Dirk from SD? I can see how the water issue could be a debateable one especially out here where water is pretty hard to come by.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Dirk Miller is from Hillsdale, Wyoming.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

To bad you couldn't have waited him out and see if that spot produced!!! It sure looks like a place i would set one :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!