Finally!!

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

The local G&F said at check-in that they were running them with trucks! Anyone else know any further details!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Brad is right though, Great post. One of the problems I have seen int he past is that people see something but do not tell the tournament director. Get a plate number, vehicle description, call the director the second you see it. Make sure that team is pointed out and let the tournamnet director have an oppurtunity to confront that team at the checkins. If you are not willing to tell him and give him an oppurtunity to address the problem then how is it going to get better. Game & Fish will get tired of screwing around with us tournament guys and start creating rules to limit our activity.
I have tried to get them involved in the "Classic" several times in the past. They have had no interest what so ever. I would not mind one bit if they made an appearance.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

May I ask why G&F won't get involved? Do they have a reason? If I caught anyone breaking the rules of a tournament I would have them in the meat grinder with the tournament director. I don't have time for it
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

I heard tonight the first place teams check was canceled
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

For the first 3 years I sent letters and emails to the state office along with several phone calls. I never received a single response to any of my attempts at involving them in that tournament. I am sure they are busy but at the time I was a North Dakota resident and tax payer. You would think someone would have taken the time to reply. I will never understand why they go to some tournaments and not others.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

i dont think that the classic has ever had a bad rap or report about indiviuals breaking the rules. It seems as all the other tournaments that get bad raps for running them the G&F watches them. So i guess what im trying to say is that they might think it is a waste of time to show up at the classic if they are not going to catch anyone.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Yote_man1
coyotehunter

Post by Yote_man1 »

That was a great post Prairie Ghost. I took a license plate number but that was all the further i went. We wanted to enjoy our day hunting instead of watching someone else. I didnt mean to take a shot at anyone or any tournament. I completely agree with having a positive mindset each day. I have hunted enough tourneys in the past 10 years around the state to know quite a few people who exclusively call coyotes. I try to compare our day against theirs. Most days we get beat, but once and a while it works out.

By the way, nice badger Lyonch :D
Good things come to those who shoot straight.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

He sure is a cutey isn't he :lol: Levi and i like to do the same thing when it comes to the end of the day. At least when you talk to other callers you know that there day was usually the same as yours unless they got into them and were getting them to respond. It seems like in the steele tourney all the dogs came from mainly one area. I dont know if the hunting pressure kept them up and about all day or if they just seemed to respon better around there.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
coyotehunter

Post by 5.56 »

LeviM;

Great pics! But remind me never to accidently pick up and use 'your' mouth calls!
YUCK! :lol: :lol:
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

5.56 wrote:LeviM;

Great pics! But remind me never to accidently pick up and use 'your' mouth calls!
YUCK! :lol: :lol:
LOL

If the calls weren't laying across a coyote you would still blow my calls and suck my spit??? LOL :lol:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
coyotehunter

Post by 5.56 »

Like I said, YUCK, YUCK, and more YUCK! :lol:
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington