Finally!!

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

well here is the only trophy i shot in the steele tourney. It just didn't pan out for us like we wanted to but at least made one farmer happy. Its also the first badger i have ever shot so that was pretty neat. Levi too bad we couldn't find you a porcupine :wink:

Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Wow he looks nice. Did you call it in or catch it in the open?
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

What did it take to win in Steele?
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

It would have taken 8 to tie in steele 6 to tie for second and 5 to tie with the other boys who took 3,4,5. However the game and fish was there and mentioned that there were a few individuals who had been suspected of taking them illegaly and that if they are found of that they will not be allowed to hunt next year. the heid boys didn't participate in this one there were many roomers floating around about that one. The badger i shot was spotted sitting on top of a dirt mound so i sent him a dirt nap and deverginized daryl's new truck with a little blood. :D I was thinking that for all these tournamnets that are put on that the winnings (money) shouldn't be handed out to the individuals until all the animals are skun. Im sure this would help answer some questions to some individuals who's hunting techniques are questioned.
Chris Lyon

Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

God I hate cheaters. Things like that almost drive you from the tournnament scene.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Brad did you have any family hunt steel this year? If they did, how did they fair?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I know that my dad and brother didn't make it out there but i will call my uncle tonight and see if he hunted it he is usually the one that does the talking and explaining of the rules
Yote_man1
coyotehunter

Post by Yote_man1 »

It was a tough day of calling for us also. We ended up killing two and it sounds like it is a good thing we didnt go back to check in. There was a definite roar of straight piped pickups leaving the hotel that morning. We followed a pickup out of Steele in the morning and watched the passenger get into a second pickup parked along the highway. Probably easier to kill dogs with two pickups going. This year really left a bad taste with me. It is tough to find a coyote hunt that focuses on calling and not killing them by any means. Thank goodness for the Classic. :D
Good things come to those who shoot straight.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I hear ya Yote_man1, Its really depressing knowing your working your ass off trying call in coyotes, while the next guy is trying every means to cheat! It really sucks!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Guys you can stew about this all day but you still have to go into every tournament assuming that everyone is doing it right if not it will eat your lunch. If you do everything proper then you can honestly say you had a great day out in the field just remember if you have evidence or you honestly believe that there was cheating going on then just rate your day on how YOU think you would have finished with the honest guys.

Just a point but when i started hunting tournaments and was pretty green i could't believe some of the numbers coming in but knowing what i know now they just knew what they were doing. If YOU don't have evidense of cheating don't assume it, if you DO, get involved so they get ticketed and stop hunting the tournaments. I know it's frustrating but everyone that doesn't place well calling the top teams cheaters isn't helping the tournament scene at all and the game and fish and press are jumping all over it.

Guys this isn't targeted at anyone on the site but i haven't heard a good thing about ANY tournament in the state this year besides the classic . If that is the way it is going the tournament scene is doomed including the classic due to the press and game and fish getting them stopped or at least harrasing them enough where it just isn't going to be feasible.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Just a thought, wouldn't it be a good thing if G&F stepped in and started watching these tournaments? If your doing it fair then you should have nothing to worry about.

Too be honest, we go into every tournament with a positive attidue but we come back to check in and we hear, see that teams were cheating, it just gets depressing. I think the it would help in the long run, just not tournaments if the local G&F stepped in alittle. What everyone elses thoughts?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I see your point brad. The more bad things we say about these tourneys the tournament reputation will eventually become bad. The only thing that i can think of that will help keep the guys from running them with trucks in the fields is a good north dakota winter with 2-3 feet of snow. That then will seperate the callers from the runners. Im sure the snowmobile will then become a factor but at least when they are chasing them with a snowmobile he might have a chance to get under a fence and the snowmobiler will hopefully try to take the fence on then. :twisted: As jamie mentioned before that all the little things like blocking and temp checks are all just a piece of the puzzle i think adding the piece of skinning the winning teams coyotes on the spot would help put an extra insight to it. If they examined the coyotes at every tournament as good as brad and jamie did at the classic i would be alot happier but you can't have veterans of that caliber at every tournament :wink: . I do think that the steele tourney is going in the right direction though. With these tournaments becoming so big everybody and there in-experienced coyote hunting brother seems to want a piece of the action.
Chris Lyon

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Good Info Topdog! Thanks for the post. You made my day, if you cheat hopefully you get got! Good for them S.O.B
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Thats great to hear. I hope the game and fish make a statement out of that team and hammer them to the wall. People need to know that there shitty hunting ethic isn't tolerated. Good post Top Dog
Chris Lyon

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Do we know what they were doing yet, running them with pickups, snowmobiles, paraplane ect? I hope they throw the book at them.