redfox yesterday

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

redfox yesterday

Post by Tim Anderson »

I put the sneak on a little redfox yesterday, i got to 150-200 yds and made a squeak on my AP-9 to get fox to lift his head , i put the cross hair on its right eye and squeezed one off. Could see the hit through the scope and new right away he was done for..
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Nice job. I like that picture too!
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Man i miss shooting those little red devils
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

well i went out yesterday morning and then later on in the night. all the coyotes that i saw during the day in which were 4 of them were all seen driving from stand to stand and they were like a ghost. they just dissapeared the minute i saw them. so we spotted this fox sleeping in the snow drift below the gun barrell and got him. The guy who was with me never shot a predator before so i figured a spot and stalk fox should fun for him. so we stalked up to about 175 yards and i got brian in a good solid position with my gun and one shot one kill. it was a very pretty fox with no rubbing in hte back end at all. so brian wanted to skin it and tan it. Then i thought about what a very good coyote hunter told me a while back and said hunt those wary coyotes at night in a full moon at night. so i hooked up with my buddy josh and set up in all the areas that i saw these coyotes. first stand i was going to have a blind spot somewhere no matter where i set up so i sat down and payed attention to that blind spot and well ten minutes in to the stand a pair come exploding out of the wooods and behind a hill. Before they got down wind on me behind the hill :evil: the wind was in my face. about 1 minute before i saw them the wind switched from my face to a cross wind. The minute i saw that pair i knew they were going to wind me and i ran up the hill to catch a glimpse and possibly a shot and saw nothing but two dark spots disapearing into a drainage ditch. the nest 5 stands produced nothing but a pissing match on one of the stands with another coyote. he/she would scream at me and i would scream back and after about 20 minutes of bitching back and forth my partner that night said that he cant feel his feet anymore and so we headed back to the truck and back home.

Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!