Sunday night success!!!

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyote 22-250
coyotehunter

Sunday night success!!!

Post by Coyote 22-250 »

Well I went out tonight for one set about an hour before dark. It took awhile to get into the spot with all the loud crunchy snow. I had a half hour of light left after I got into my spot. I let out a couple howls on my Wiley One Female Howler (Thanks again Jerry) and waited a few minutes then did about 20 seconds on the Critter Call Standard which I bought from Coyotehunter in Dickinson. And no more did I get the call in my pocket, here comes a coyote running hard. He gets to about 100yds and stops and looks up the hill to the north and there are 2 more watching what is going on. I did a few lip squeaks and he was closing the distance. He had stopped on a dam of a stock pond about 35yds in front of me and stopped behind a tree and was scanning the area. While one of the other two was working his way towards me too, he finally moved out from behind the tree and gave me a shot, I dropped him dead. I turned to the next closest one and started barking and barking with no shot presented until about 200yds. By this time I had stood up for a clear shot, setteled the crosshairs and squeezed and watched him drop. I was thinking alright "a double, 2 shots 2 kills" and all the sudden the second one gets up and starts spinning and biting at his a$$ and takes off running on three legs. Well at this time there is about 15-20min of light left so off I went trailing through one brush pile to another and so on. About 1.5 miles into it the blood must have been freezing to the hide and there was no more blood. But I kept thinking that he would be in one of the next brush piles, and the next, but the tracks just kept going through all of them until he got to his den. So this sweet double just went back to a single. So 1 out of 3 for the night wasn't bad- but what a rush having three come in. The first one I shot was a real big male and the other one I hit was also big no pics of that one sorry guys..

Last edited by Coyote 22-250 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Monson

A.K.A Goose Bandit
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Congrats!! That howler sure does sound good doesn't it.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Coyote 22-250
coyotehunter

Post by Coyote 22-250 »

it sure is!!!! Jerry did an awesome job
Matt Monson

A.K.A Goose Bandit
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

great pics, great post.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Way to go matt that sure does look like a big dog.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Nice Pic Matt, aleast someone had alittle luck this weekend!

It really sucks when you drop one and then out of the corner of your eye you see it get up and take off running! Your heart drops instantly :cry: I have seen it a few times now and it really sucks
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyote 22-250
coyotehunter

Post by Coyote 22-250 »

it sure does suck when you see them take off again. weighted him out at the farm today and he was 39lbs
Matt Monson

A.K.A Goose Bandit
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

:shock:
Coyotes Forever
Jeff Rheborg
coyotehunter

Post by Jeff Rheborg »

You ROCK, DUDE!!! We struggled this weekend as well. We called in a double and that was it, we did clean them up however, bout 16yds and 60yds. No pics though...

Jeff.
Jeff Rheborg, President
The Varmint Hunters Assoc.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I called in a male a couple of days ago. 35 yards up wind (20+ MPH), and standing with his back to me looking at the Foxpro, I pulled up the SBEII Benelli and touched off some #2 Hevi-Shot.............Well the gun went click. I forgot to chamber a round when I left the truck. I was telling myself out to the stand that with the wind if I got one I was heading home. Well, I ended up calling 3 more stands, with the last stand holding all of 30 MPH winds. Been like that here for a couple of weeks. Thank God for Snares.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Get back out there and start calling you whimp :wink: . You can't rely on your snares :lol:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I was back at it again this morning. Blowing like a.........well, really hard. Bound to have a calm day soon.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Jamie i thought you were a die hard coyot hunter :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Nice job man that is a big dog. I was hoping for some good luck Sunday too. We got in a half day of hunting. Saw 5 coyotes (all in open fields on the way to our next stands). We tried to get around to areas to call them in but no luck. Probably the best "worst" day we have had. :lol:
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team