New To Forum

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

New To Forum

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

I am new to this forum but not some of the other ones around. Happy to be here. It looks much better then the old format. Congratulations. Real nice. Here is a picture taken a week ago. Coyotes are starting to fur up a little bit but still light. These were all taken on one stand. We went out in the afternoon and it was a clear blue sky with 60degree temperature. Coyotes were really vocal to the howler. A pr. howled and came right in. It was a dominant male and last years male. Last years dog was shot last as the dominant male came in hard on my dog Wiley. He was shot about 50yds. About a half mile out was another coyote which we got in using distress sounds. It was this years pup. Without my dog we would have only got one dog. My partner Pat Hoing did the shooting and I did a little videoing. At least I got my picture taken with the coyotes. Image
CoyoteDoctor

Post by CoyoteDoctor »

Hi Jerry, welcome to the site. Looks like you had a great hunt. Are you keeping the coyotes yet? I plugged the freezer in last weekend and started saving the best ones. Have you been seeing any mange yet? We saw quite a few with mange in the Isabel country. I keep hoping it will run it's course and disappear, but it looks like it might be around a while. Maybe we'll get a real winter this year and get rid of it. Probably see you later this fall. Take care.
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

CoyoteDoctor wrote:Hi Jerry, welcome to the site. Looks like you had a great hunt. Are you keeping the coyotes yet? I plugged the freezer in last weekend and started saving the best ones. Have you been seeing any mange yet? We saw quite a few with mange in the Isabel country. I keep hoping it will run it's course and disappear, but it looks like it might be around a while. Maybe we'll get a real winter this year and get rid of it. Probably see you later this fall. Take care.
No, I should probably but not yet. On the mange topic. I talked to Adc man yesterday and he thinks it might be clearing up a little bit. I thought the same thing as the 4 coyotes we got everyone of them was good. As I get into calling more, time will tell. I'm getting ready to go to Calif. for a couple weeks so won,t be on the forum until I get back. Then I'll be hunting just about every day. Got a hunt lined up for the Faith area when I get back. Talk to you later.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

new site

Post by Coyotehunter »

Glad to see you on the site Jerry. I am not quite done yet with the online store but getting close. I took my 9 year old last Saturday out calling. We ended up calling in 3 at the first stand and I shot a double out of that. I missed the first one with the shotgun and popped the other two with the rifle. I just took to long of a shot with the SB2 Benneli at the first one.
The next stand we had a double come in and I got the adult female but I could not get the shot off in time on the male at 180 yards. I got him to stop a couple of times but I could not get the trigger squezzed down before he got behind some rocks. The female went down at about 10 yards with the 3.5" Hevi-shot right in the face while she was growling at my airedale. Randy my son had never had a coyote that close and with the growling he was pretty excited when the smoke cleared. I put the pictures up on the photo post. After that we went to town for burgers and malts. I liked the picture that Paul posted of him and his buddy with their kids. You have to make sure to keep it fun. From the look on those kids faces they where having a blast. We went out in the afternoon for a few more stands but did not see any more coyotes. Great day out with my sone though. We will try again next weekend to get him his first coyote. Last year he was banging away with a 597 rem. .22 mag. but I had a .17 rem. fitted for him last winter and he has been shooting it all summer. I had Northern Rifle Accurizing cut the barrel down to 20" and the stock was trimmed to 12". I stuck a Weaver K4 wide angle 6X scope on it and it fits him like a glove. We have been shooting gongs and ballons out to 200 yards all summer so he is ready to knock over his first dog.