No coyotes but a good weekend trapping!

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

HuskerCoyoteCaller
coyotehunter

No coyotes but a good weekend trapping!

Post by HuskerCoyoteCaller »

I know it's not a coyote but we did call a couple in that weekend just had better luck trapping beavers and muskrats. I promise coyote pictures next time. It's great to be aboard!
Coyote fever gotta love it! Go Huskers!!!!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Nice pics of some beaver and rats :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

any trapped animal is welcome on this site. Thanks for the post. If you get a chance post some pics of your sets in the trapping section. Lots of trapping photos in there.
Coyotes Forever
HuskerCoyoteCaller
coyotehunter

I will do that. Pretty simple some 330 conibers in their runways leading out of their hut.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Ya pictures of sets would be great there is always someone looking at getting into trapping looking for the basics. I haven't ever gone after flattails so i would also be intrerested.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

do you do any coon trapping?
Coyotes Forever
HuskerCoyoteCaller
coyotehunter

I had a cousin that I use to trap with and he went off to the Navy. He has been gone the past 4 years and I really didn't do any trapping while he was gone, but now that he is out of the Navy we are at it again. He mainly runs the trapline and I help on weekend when it works for me. We've got about everything this year though we caught our first cat and have been getting our butts beat here lately by them. There aren't to many cats in area and it's a real trophy around here to get one so we should be happy with one. I guess to answer your ? I do trap coons we've caught over a 100 this year I think were just short of 100 beavers, several muskrats, badgers, mink and a few coyotes.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

cool, I love trapping coon. Just for the sheer numbers if nothing else. When I was a kid my dad chased them around with hounds and I think it got into my blood. Coyotes are by far a bigger challenge but I do like catching those little bandits.
Coyotes Forever
HuskerCoyoteCaller
coyotehunter

Coon trapping got in my blood when we used to have to trap them out of the sweet corn patch when I was a kid. We would use live traps it was so easy we would run set lines for catfish and put the catfish guts in the live trap and every morning they were full. I really think that trapping beavers is just as easy as trapping coons. Have you ever trapped beavers? Have never really trapped hard for coyotes just when you come across a surefire spot is about the only time I have made any coyote sets. Seeing and reading your pics gets the leg twitching though.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

There is very few things as pretty as a coyote bouncing in a trap :D
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I get as ramped as my dog does when I see a coyote in a trap. Love trapping coyotes. You can get some pretty smart old beavers as well though. I have had a few that were making me look like an idiot. I would come back and my sets were all full of mud. I am not much of a beaver trapper. Or at least I do not have a ton of experience with them. I grew up walking the river bottoms with a .22 rim fire ambushing them. easier than trapping and in a boat we had some 20 beaver days. 22 I guess was our best with a boat and 2 guys.
Coyotes Forever
HuskerCoyoteCaller
coyotehunter

Been there done that a couple buddies 14' flat bottom boat, 22's floating down the river shooting rats, beaver and mink. Was hard to beat now it's unlawful to do so. I've had a few mudslingers before too. If you caught them all what fun would it be.
HuskerCoyoteCaller
coyotehunter

I'm off work today it's like a hurricane outside imagine that. One of the local ranchers just called me and he's got a sheep killer running around. I think I'll get out some snares and see what happens he also has some badgers in the pasture he would like me to take care of. I've set snares before but far far from a pro. Nothing like you guys. I promised my wife no more copenhagen so I need to go find something to keep my mind busy.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

NO more Copenhagen :shock: I think i would have vowed for the no more sex before the copenhagen 8)
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Prairie Ghost wrote:NO more Copenhagen :shock: I think i would have vowed for the no more sex before the copenhagen 8)
LMFAO

:shock:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"