07-08 coyote season

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

RandyRoede wrote:Dbl lung, that wouldn't happen to be a man by the name of Les Tewes and his son Kevin? If so would you tell him hello from me!

Coyotehunter and Prairie Ghost nice website, I enjoy visiting!
thanks for stopping by.
Coyotes Forever
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Very nice pictures. Isn't it a great way to spend the Winter after all the other seasons are over. Nice to get together with friends and hunt. Nice coyotes and fox.
rhino
coyotehunter

Post by rhino »

nice pictures.
DOUBLE LUNG
coyotehunter

Post by DOUBLE LUNG »

Randy,
Nope it isn't them. I have never heard of those guys. Are they from the area I live in?
Handing out Lollipops or Dirt Naps. Looks like we are all out of Lollipops.
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Dbl- they are from hartley, i knew the did some skinning for some guys that hunted your way. I used to live in sibley just a little north on 60 from you. Are any off those boys in the pics old softball players, i played in a few tournaments in Granville, Paulina, Lemars, etc. If there over 40 and played alot of softball we have had to cross paths somewhere!
Randy Roede
BigCoulee
coyotehunter

Post by BigCoulee »

Great pics and looks like a great season for you.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Welcome Randy hope to hear some of your stories that i have read on other sites.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Brad, I hear and see you and Jamie are in some tough sheep country, I wish you both the best!

Stories a trapper, predator caller, with stories!!!! LOL

My job is to just keep Hunsley in line!!! He told me about the sight! Jerry is a good friend and i enjoy visiting with him.

Dbl- sorry about hijackin the thread, don't mean to! I was wondering though, who did you sell those coyotes to and if you don't mind what did they bring $ wise??

Also, I have a bunch of friends back there that still run coyotes and they had a real tough year last year with mange. This year they have hardly seen any mange in the coyotes and a good number of them. I guess that the difference in the kind of winter you guys have vs. us may clean it out faster? Looks like it to me anyway. Hard to believe that 250 miles further east can make such a difference in the winters. I've been here 6 years and have very rarely been able to ride my snowmobile.
Randy Roede
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Randy i think he posted what they got down in the Sale Price forum.

Ya Jerry is a good guy
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Buckeye Special

Post by Buckeye Special »

I am curious why some/most of the fox appear to be in full carcass i.e. unskinned and not gutted out...I can't imagine they were stored in a freezer that way, and if so why?

Saw a similar pic of you fellows in Fur Fish and Game, I believe, likely from a previous year's take, and the coyotes hanging on the same (?) corncrib also did not appear to be gutted out...were those all shot on the same weekend?

Any info on this is appreciated.
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Buckeye, I am guessing they hung them up in a uninsulated outside building at let them freeze up whole while hanging in the cold and took them down for the pic.
Randy Roede
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

you can store them in a freezer that way till you get time to skin, flesh, and stretch them. The longer they sit out the more of a green belly they will get :cry:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
DOUBLE LUNG
coyotehunter

Post by DOUBLE LUNG »

Buckeye, We don't really mess with skinning the fox this year for the fact we had plenty of yotes to do and didn't really plan on shooting any fox. Next thing you know we had a dozen of them and didn't really feel like unfreezing them and skinning them. We kinda new that the fox market wasn't the greatest. So it had to do with laziness and the market. I think next year we are going to thin out a few more reds and more than likely we will skin all of those. We ended up hanging the fox and the mangy coyotes in a cold barn. I am pretty sure that the picture that was in the fur, fish and game wasn't us. Unless someone sent the picture in and we didn't know about.
Handing out Lollipops or Dirt Naps. Looks like we are all out of Lollipops.