Black Coyote's

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Gallop

Re: Black Coyote's

Post by Gallop »

I am SORRY I have pissed off so MANY people. We have a large horse farm with lot of horses and I can't take a high power rifle and shot in most places. Shooting at night freaks out the horses also. The coyotes chase the horse on occasions and run them through the fences. They come up to my barns at night and eat my barn cats. They have also killed dogs of mine. This is the way I deal with them again I didn't set out to make anyone mad. I will not post any more on this sight. I under stand if this is only a call and shot sight. I just wanted to share some photos for a net looking coyote. The way I do it IS hard to do much harder than baiting a trap or shooting them with a rifle from 200 yards away many get away more than if I had my rifle in my hand. If I am the only one on this sight that has shot them from a stand while I was deer hunting or shot them out of a truck window as they crossed an open field. AGAIN I AM SORRY!!!!!! The way this all went down. I do respect calling them in with a mouth call but not by pushing play !!!
Gallop

Post by Gallop »

I have PM all that has replied to my posts. If I have over looked someone just let me know and I will apologize to you as well.

AGAIN SORRY!!!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

I may not agree with Gallop but I also don't agree we need to bash him and run him off. The man has horses which may be very expensive we don't know the whole story. I know livestock owners around here that also run and gun problem coyotes and sometimes in situations where they are trying to prevent loss of livestock they do what they have to. Maybe where he is from it is legal for livestock owners to run and gun. What are the laws there? Maybe there is no state trappers or predator control to call. I don't know what the whole story is but they are interesting looking coyotes/wild dogs. I am willing to bet most everyone on here has at one point hit the brakes and cracked at one running across the praire and thats not calling either. Just my 6 cents since it is alittle to long for 2.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Gallop

Post by Gallop »

Daryl wrote:I may not agree with Gallop but I also don't agree we need to bash him and run him off. The man has horses which may be very expensive we don't know the whole story. I know livestock owners around here that also run and gun problem coyotes and sometimes in situations where they are trying to prevent loss of livestock they do what they have to. Maybe where he is from it is legal for livestock owners to run and gun. What are the laws there? Maybe there is no state trappers or predator control to call. I don't know what the whole story is but they are interesting looking coyotes/wild dogs. I am willing to bet most everyone on here has at one point hit the brakes and cracked at one running across the praire and thats not calling either. Just my 6 cents since it is alittle to long for 2.
Gallop

Post by Gallop »

What is the law?

Controlling coyotes on private land

Coyotes are territorial and will defend their hunting areas from other coyotes. Killing livestock is not a universal pattern among coyotes. If you are not experiencing loss of livestock to coyotes, removal of one or both of a territorial pair may result in the establishment of coyotes that have learned to prey on livestock. Consequently, removal of non-problem coyotes may be counter-productive.

If coyote control is warranted, the following information needs to be considered. Coyotes have no status as a game animal in Florida and can be shot during daylight hours, captured in live traps, or taken with body snares throughout the year.
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

I think some of you guys should have asked some more Q before slamming this guy. Man.. Think about it how do wildlife services kill coyotes hmm ...airplanes, poision,pull pups from dens,run em down ??? what would you guys do if you had a problem with coyotes, or coyote crosses or even feral dogs kill them anyway you could I don't think Gallop needs to apologise to anyone we are all sportsmen/women and understand management or control.

Gallop please don't give in.... Hell I know guys who go to MT just to run them down on snowmobiles just cuz they can and the post on this site too!!
a proud member of the "IF" team
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Lets try this agian Welcome Gallop :)
a proud member of the "IF" team
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

OK take a deep breath everyone.

I have ranchers that do it any time they come across one. I would like to see the pics. Are they still up? I can not see them.

This is a hunting site but no need to hammer the guy on his first post.

could be lots of reason why.

I have never done it but would never give a land owner the berries if he or a hired hand on private property had. And it was legal.

I understand the posts but it is a black coyote. when did we last have one of those on the site. :lol:
Coyotes Forever
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Coyotehunter there is a link on page one you can click on and see the pics. There pretty neat!
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I guess i looked at from a different angle. I dont really care how someone gets a coyote or why they hunt them the way they do! I just looked at it as there are some younger individuals that are on the site and we have new coyote hunter's coming into this sport everyday that im sure read these posts. We also have retarded PETA checking the site periodically!! Im sorry if i bashed you gallop but i personally dont want others that are starting out to think that its ok to do this. Remeber that everyone that posts something is posting strictly there opinion. If thats what it takes to get the job done its what it takes. I do have to say no matter how you got that coyote/wild dog it is still a trophy of a lifetime and as jamie mentioned when was the last time we had a picture of a black coyote!!!

I still want to know what others think about what i said about the ears and tail??? Or if there is any other clue that could help give away if it was a coyote or a wild dog or cross breed of some sort.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Gallop

As I said in my PM back to you I see you have some other circumstances you didn't mention before. You have some livestock and I would say in that case you need to do what you have to do.

As far as chasing them with vehicles for fun or sport, such as in MT where someone here said it is legal...I don't agree with that and I personally wouldn't feel right about doing that. I don't care what you say otherwise I would voice my opinion. I do have some of my Grandpa's Stubborn German blood in me after all! :lol:

Sorry I jumped all over you Gallop right away, that is just me being me. Hope you can forgive me about it. Welcome back!

Lyonch...why the change of heart all of the sudden?! :?
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Those are some cool pics. They look like Coydogs for sure. I have seen some pics in Trappers World from georgia of black coyotes that are more of a reccesive gene like albinoism (sp?). They looked just like a regular coyote, just black. These from Florida look like they are mixed with a collie or at least one does. Ears and Tail just don't look right but the face looks just like a coyote. Goofy looking.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

:roll:

And most of us wonder why calling coyotes in mid winter gets tough!

So its really okay to run them down, Right? I mean 90% of coyotes are going to cause some kind of problems, (Deer,pheasants,farm animals, any game species), So, why do we buy traps, calls or hire predator control, or ADC. We can just run them down. I knew there was a reason I bought my new four wheeler this summer, and put new tires on my four wheel drive truck :roll:

1/2 of you guys got to see the sad horse side, while the ones that "jumped on him" saw his original post (before "EDIT") saying how fun it is to run them down and shoot them with #5 shot!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
pahomegrown
coyotehunter

Post by pahomegrown »

how in the f*** do you do that its pretty desprate.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

For sport i don't agree with it but if it is legal there is nothing we can do and that is just another way of chasing coyotes to some

In a MANANGMENT aspect you do what you have to do a man has a right to protect his property.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!