Urban Skinnie (Coyote) 2

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Urbanhunter
coyotehunter

Urban Skinnie (Coyote) 2

Post by Urbanhunter »

This is another old pic of a yotie taken with my Ruger 10/22 (yeah its always under construction).
He was shot in the upper neck with a CCI Stinger (best I have found for my rifle).
Distance was about 20-30 yards away (that's about the distance for my setup).
Last edited by Urbanhunter on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Urban Skinnie (Coyote) 2

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Wow good work are you going in on complaints as a police officer or just stopped for a quick stand after work?
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Urbanhunter
coyotehunter

Post by Urbanhunter »

We have a state permit to remove the yoties from our city. To answer your question... yes, we get complaints from the public. Our city is surrounded by state managed land along with numerous parks. So we have a unending supply of coyotes that come into our area.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

urbanhunter are you calling them? Or just catching them while they move?
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Urbanhunter
coyotehunter

Post by Urbanhunter »

I've tried to use electronic callers. They dont work. I've tried numerous types with no success.
When they are close 20-30 yards away. I use a mouth caller (hurt rabbit) with the large mouth piece removed. I have found they dont like the hurt rabbit sound....seems to freak them out. I make a low what I call a baby cry sound that just stops them in their tracks. Don't know it works. But the best sound is nothing at all. Being in a urban setting I guess they are intune to any out of the city sound as danger.

During regular patrol is when I come across um mostly. Knowing where they move around helps alot. I have found game trails behind abandoned buildings, drainage ditches and wooded lots to name a few. Wiping a known trail (removing old tracks) with a piece of paneling lets me know if they are active in a certian area or not.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

do you mostly focus on coyotes or are there any other critters you hunt in the cities?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Urbanhunter
coyotehunter

Post by Urbanhunter »

Just the yoties. We have redfox (my fav) ,deer, opossums and raccoons that come in but they are off limits.
Last edited by Urbanhunter on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Urbanhunter wrote: I use a mouth caller (hurt rabbit) with the large mouth piece removed. I have found they dont like the hurt rabbit sound....seems to freak them out. I make a low what I call a baby cry sound that just stops them in their tracks. Don't know it works. But the best sound is nothing at all. Being in a urban setting I guess they are intune to any out of the city sound as danger.
Just one more aspect of the coyote that makes them such an adaptable animal!!!! Urbanhunter your approaches and tactis you use are very interesting in the fact that they are non other like we use in a recreational setting. Another part to levis question if you take care of other critters besides coyotes; i guess i would like to add is, does the other animals adapt as though the coyotes did or do you see the same standard behavior as thought the critter was in a rural setting?
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!