First of the year

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tyrant

First of the year

Post by Tyrant »

Male out of CRP. We made 8 stands, saw 7. Very windy conditions.

Shot W/ .243 @ 200 yds by deadeye Duke.

Norm
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: First of the year

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Good job sounds like a real good day what happended with the other ones?
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Here goes,

First stand of the day was perfect for wind and elevated above surrounding cover. Started howling had a pair coming from about a mile at about 700 yds they hung up. The sun started to peek over the horizion right in our faces, we lost allot of vision as well as probably stuck out like sore thumbs, so we tried pup howls and disteress calls with no effect then we saw this male ( the one Duke drilled ) coming from the other direction. He really suprised us but there was a penalty for that. The pair left to my Ky-Yiing up a storm.

We saw 4 coyotes on about the 4th stand. Huge pasture with one coyote ( I think a big male ) circled downwind and had us... He was warning barking with such intencity I attemped to get around him and sneek to anything less than 1K to launch a hail Mary but a bunch of cows decided to follow me and ruined that fantasy.. Saw his female leaving the country shorly before I started my wasted sneak.

When I was doing my nature hike ( sneak on barking male ) My partner Duke had two coyoted try to steal his wallet. With the wind blowing so hard they were right up on him. He was shooting so fast I thought he lit some firecrackers..... He told the story the best ( maybe he will register and add his .02$)

Windy conditions. I feel our biggest mistake was not using the wind relative to the cover. Tried a couple spots with a cross wind instead of waiting untill the wind was right....

Norm
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

At least you boys had some action on a windy day :D I hate windy days!!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Urbanhunter
coyotehunter

Post by Urbanhunter »

Nice.