Any Given Sunday

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Re: Any Given Sunday

Post by Daryl »

Well better unpack you bags Jeff :wink:
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Daryl, no I have not forgot the monster truck, getting in and out of that for two days was better than any stairmaster workout deal money could buy!!!!

We are talking stuff fourwheel drive tractors won't go in, nothing to bite into, just a couple inches of snot on top and frozen underneath. The ranchers will feed while it is frozen and then stay the hell out of it, they have quit using horses to dangerous, numerous cows have crippled themselves here lately, falling breaking a pelvis etc.

Ok ,Jeff has 9 snares up and running by the office, any bets on how many they produce??

Levi and Chris, you know the day of the Mr. Coyote contest during the VHA Jamboree we have a little get together in the garage, you are sure welcome. We grill, drink pop, and have good ole time. Last year it lasted past midnite. The aroma and scenery in the garage is worth the trip!!! You could be Mr. Coyote!!
Randy Roede
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Ok Randy I will yake your word for it :wink: It's not that bad getting into when you have a steering wheel to grab ahold of!! I will get that Oh shit handle in there for you before the next time we use it. Oh and I found that burning wire smell while out hunting a couple weeks ago :( had a little melt down :oops: . Looks like your a good hand at the fur shed. I have the Balta hunt ones ready for ya even a big ol coon.
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Daryl we are going to get you down here, how does your schedule look for the rest of the month??
Randy Roede
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

well you know next weekend is valentines day and you know you cant hunt on valentines day or there will be crushed nuts or something like that or so I have heard :shock: Free man as far as I know I will e-mail ya.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

VHA should have a annual skinning party!! Coolers of Beer, dead coyotes, stretchers, music, and lots of thread. I would drive out in a second for that.
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Hey guys if you have the time come on down to the V.H. jamberee. Its a good time thats for sure and you will feel right at home in Randy's garage.. The Mr. coyote contest is alot of fun and you may learn a little, i know i did..LOL

Daryl: i maybe heading out that way sometime after the 17th to get my WT back and do a little calling.. :mrgreen:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Daryl wrote:well you know next weekend is valentines day and you know you cant hunt on valentines day or there will be crushed nuts or something like that or so I have heard :shock:
You got it Daryl :oops: :oops:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

RandyRoede wrote:Levi and Chris, you know the day of the Mr. Coyote contest during the VHA Jamboree we have a little get together in the garage, you are sure welcome. We grill, drink pop, and have good ole time. Last year it lasted past midnite. The aroma and scenery in the garage is worth the trip!!! You could be Mr. Coyote!!
When is the VHA Jamboree again, I would love to make it down there
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Looks like a good time gentlemen. I want pictures of the snared critters from the VHA line!!!!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Jeff Rheborg
coyotehunter

Post by Jeff Rheborg »

The Jamboree this year is July 27 - 31. The Mr. Coyote contest will be on the 30th, starting roughly around 9:00am...sometimes later. Can register for Mr. Coyote on Thursday, but we will only be taking 20 entries as we have other activities going on that need the use of the range too... so register sooner if you want to come and play. You won't be dissapointed...

Coyotehunter the skinning party sounds fun...I will see what I can do. BYOC (bring your own coyotes)

The snares have not produced yet. I checked them yesterday and had 2 blown over, reset them and I am patiently waiting. It's raining pretty good right now and super muddy so my wait may be awhile, but who knows????? I will take pics and post them if we end up with anything...

Jeff.
Jeff Rheborg, President
The Varmint Hunters Assoc.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Jeff

What exactly is the Mr. Coyote contest? and is there any chicken dancing invloved :wink: :)
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

If i may. The MR coyote contest has steel targets set up at different distances. !00-500 yds with a bonus tartget at 600. The number of the target is drawn from a hat and you have 5 seconds to shoot it. The 600 is opitional, it could help youre chances of winning if hit. If you miss then i think 10 points are knocked off..
After the steel targets you have the running coyote target that is close to life size that runs down a hill from right to left. There is a bullseye on the shoulder area and you want to place youre shot inside the ring or atleast hit the complete coyote somewhere..LOL You get two chances at the running target.. Last is the coyote getting away shoot and this is done with a shotgun. Clay targets are rolled across the ground in front of you comeing from the right and going left and away. Simular to rabbit clays..
Its alot of fun and can show youre weaknesses as far as shooting under pressure..
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

LOL

Sounds like a piece of cake :wink:

I would really have to start practicing now, and everyday till the shoot.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Don't you have to blow on a call also? I was looking into partaking a few years ago and thought that you had to blow on a call also, but now that the princess shorts are involved i'm out!!!! :D
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!