best day ever!!!

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

best day ever!!!

Post by bucksnbears »

today was awesome,cold -15 calm. went to a cornfield i new had a pair of yotes living in. got there about 9am. 1 mile walkin. started with jerry h's rabbit call ( thanks jerry) :wink: :wink: the male came running but stopped at 450 yards same as last week. sat and stared my way but would come no closer. kept looking back over his shoulder to the corn. after 1-2 min. he turned and headed back to the corn field and i hit him with a ki-yi and he turned and came flying to me . :D . shot him at 80-90 yards , hit him in the upper leg :oops: :oops: . dont know why. he starts doing the famous coyote spin n dance when i notice another yote is heading for the corn, didnt see her comming. i hit a ki-yi again and she turns and runs back to the one flipping around. drop her with a solid chest shot. now the first one takes off running and had to ancor him. he dies 8-10 feet from the female. :D :D . only the 3rd double for me ever. 8) 8) later took a fox by spot n stalk. laying by the den. love those. got a flat tire, canged it to doughnut spare went to fertile mn. to fix flat. stopped at a gravel pit to make a stand. started calling, seen deer running towards me so knew something was coming. seen flashes of fur and out come 2 wolves. cooler than shit. here i sit on a gravel mound with 2 80-100 lb. sitting on a snowbank staring at me. they would not come ourt in the open though. i had them each in the scope and that was one of the most coolest thing ive ever seen. ive seen wolves before while bear hunting and a few times in western mn. but the first for calling in. NO i did not shoot. they watched me get up to leave and just watched me. that makes it the best day ever!!!. oh, until i stooped for a beer on the way home and a lady seen me with whites on and calls around my neck. she asked what i was doing and i said coyote hunting. she than asked did you CATCH one i said i got 2. she said do you eat them??. i just about blew my beer in her face :lol: :lol:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: best day ever!!!

Post by lyonch »

Awesome story!! The only bit of advice i can give you from past experiences is that if they start the spins immediately give them another one :!: I have had more coyotes get away because i thought ah he's hit hard enough :oops: The story would have turned from an awesome one to a shitty one in a short amount of time if he would have gained composure and took off on you :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
wizbang
coyotehunter

Post by wizbang »

HA HA! :lol: What a cool day, bnb. That story kicked ass. Thanks for sharing it.

Kinda freaky how those wolves watched you leave... :?
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

today was also a great day shot .2 coyotes -6 fox. seen 3 yotes 13 fox. i won't shoot any more fox as they are starting to rub and my 22-250 is to hard on them. for once we had a warm calm day to do some spot n stalk. tried calling but nothing responded. brought a friend today for the first time predator hunting, he had a ball although a terrible shot. he did get 1 fox \, his first but i think he's hooked :D
Attachments
DSC09392.JPG
DSC09392.JPG (140.39 KiB) Viewed 15290 times
DSC09394.JPG
DSC09394.JPG (145.17 KiB) Viewed 15291 times
DSC09399.JPG
DSC09399.JPG (153.84 KiB) Viewed 15288 times
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Good going,great pics.Congrats.
God I miss fox hunting! :(
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Man you did some damage today, so glad to see the fox coming back :D
a proud member of the "IF" team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Way to go that is one hell of a day!!! How are the coyotes holding up in your area (rubbing)???? I could see on the first fox pic it looked like the back end was either wet or was rubbed pretty good already.
Chris Lyon

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

coyotes seem to be o.k. although most have lots or cockleburs. fox seem extra pale this year, only one dark red seen today. feel kinda bad for shooting so many fox but had a newbie with and did it more for his enjoyment . best day #s wise in years. but boy, the 250s tough on fox. have always shot a .222 but max practicall range of about 275yards. most today were 250 -325 due to cruchy snow. thats when they would here me coming. had to drop down fast with the bipod. kinda funny, the fox could here me coming that far away yey i could'nt here cars 1/2 mile away on the highways. i think the humididty in the air effects how far sound travel. justin would set up 100 yards from me and said he could barly hear the call. funny how sound travels. i think fox n yotes can hear soundwaves through the snow as i've snuck up on hunreds only to have them jump up and run at long distance even when the snow is really soft i i can barly hear myself.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Never underestimate a latrans ability to hear!! I dont know what it is but when they are sleeping it seems like they are still tuned in to what is going on around them at all times :shock:
Chris Lyon

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

amen. in our neck of the woods there are alot of tree rows. may be the only cover for miles. when the snow piles up it is usually in the tree rows with the fields being blown clear. if you sneak down the rows, thats when it seems they can hear you. if you can sneak to them across a wide open field you can usually get closer.i've actually snuck with-in shotgun range on sleeping fox before. not so with yote's. sum-bitches are wired totaly different. someone once said if the world had somekinda disaster only coyotes and c-roaches would live :roll: :roll: .
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

bucksnbears wrote: someone once said if the world had somekinda disaster only coyotes and c-roaches would live :roll: :roll: .
I agree 100% with that statement :shock:
Chris Lyon

Tango
coyotehunter

Post by Tango »

bnb, that was a great story, looked like you had lots of fun. can't wait to experience my own day like that. :mrgreen:
right where God wants me
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

took this 1 of hiway 200 today. 3 coyotes sleeping 400 yards off a major hiway???. the other 1 had mange so i left it for the stink beetles come spring. seen 17 coyotes today on my way to minot. 7 in 1 group 5 in another.
Attachments
DSC09403.JPG
DSC09403.JPG (147.58 KiB) Viewed 15163 times
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Wow nice work and calling in two wolves i don't even know what to say about that wow. I will have to tell my dad to start bringing his rifle to the lake (Maple) sounds like there is quite a few critters that way.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Great post
Coyotes Forever