AZ hunt

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tbush
coyotehunter

AZ hunt

Post by Tbush »

Here are a few pic of our trip to AZ,WE spent a day driving out of snow, only to find wet muddy roads and turned around and headed south shot a few coyotes here and there and spent alot of time trying for cats which will test anyones patience... with no luck we headed west and dicided to target coyotes and saw 16 and shot 8 for the day then to fox country with muddy roads agian.... saw 1 fox playing peek a boo around the rocks and I missed a head shot at 200 plus :( Then back north agian sleeping in the snow to have coyotes making noise all night long :D Woke up walkde 100 yards crossed cat tracks in fresh snow,called no good, so we pushed him for a couple hours he back tracked us and tryed to loose us AND HE DID :evil: OH well set up called in a coyote and took out my frustration on it :shock: BUT all in all a good trip and now we know where and how to hunt the state better next time
Attachments
AZ 09 090edit.jpg
AZ 09 090edit.jpg (106.97 KiB) Viewed 10102 times
AZ 09 079edit.jpg
AZ 09 079edit.jpg (103.06 KiB) Viewed 10101 times
AZ 09 041edit.jpg
AZ 09 041edit.jpg (153.71 KiB) Viewed 10102 times
a proud member of the "IF" team
devildogg
coyotehunter

Re: AZ hunt

Post by devildogg »

hey tbush looks like you guys had an excellent trip congrats on all the dogs wish i could've seen a cat layin in that pile of fur. must have been fun to get away from all this snow and get to see some new country
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Congrats Terry!
Sounds like fun.Great pics-just lined up my own Arizona hunt today-unfortunately its for next year. :(
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

that picture with the cactus is 8) 8) 8) . wish i coulda been there but i was busy here draggin critters :) :) kinda in your neck of the woods. glad ya had fun with your son :) :)
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

WE found these flat areas miles long and wide but hard to call we did some calling from the foot hills with some luck. So I tryed something diff. we walked into the area ans stood up and called ( Travis wasn't to excited) but after I called one in and shot it running 20 yds in front of him he got hooked. So thats how we hunted the rest of the day... stand up with the call still in my fanny pack, only able to see 5- 40 yds and spotty at that. T. would stand 20-40 yrds from me and usually down wind but it didn't matter they came in running and we'd shoot them and they flopped and rolled thru the brush..IT was a blast :D and we did it with our rifles instead of shot guns :shock: it was way more fun :D :D Travis did have a once in a lifetime thing happen. He had his shot gun and put the fox pro in front of him about 20 yds and I was to the right 40 yds ( to far) the call was on for 5 sec. and 2 coyotes come racing to the call and grabbed it flipped it in the air and split in diff. directions only thing I heard was 2 shots and *@#= ...he missed both said he could have shot them but didn't want to hit his call :shock: Man was he shaken and pumped, I could see all the tracks etc..in the sand 8) Pic of how we stood and the cover and a couple shot this way
Attachments
AZ 09 051edit.jpg
AZ 09 051edit.jpg (169.68 KiB) Viewed 10064 times
AZ 09 049edit.jpg
AZ 09 049edit.jpg (124.58 KiB) Viewed 10059 times
AZ 09 064edit.jpg
AZ 09 064edit.jpg (111.18 KiB) Viewed 10055 times
a proud member of the "IF" team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Awesome story and pics terry!! Glad to see you guys at least shot some critters on your trip :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Looks like you guys had a good time and good shooting..
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Man Terry that looks like a great time! They look like really nice big coyotes. Next time a bunch of us are going to tag along!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
CrittrCallr
coyotehunter

Post by CrittrCallr »

Glad you got to get out and enjoy yourselves. Thanks for sharing. :D
It's not the gun, but the man behind it.

Sheriff Russell Cottle, Ret.
USMC 1967-70; Vietnam 1968,'69.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Thanks for all of the pics and stories and way to go on adapting to the terrain!!! I had a tough time with that when i was down there. Any tooth marks on the caller?? LOLOL :shock:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
rhino
coyotehunter

Post by rhino »

sounded like a good trip!! sounds fun. nice pics!!