Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: Mandan, ND 2-4 DEC 2010

Post by Coyotehunter »

1st ANNUAL Winter Classic

2-4 December 2010
Mandan, ND

Coyotehunter.net will be holding a 2-day coyote hunting at the Mandan Eagles in Mandan, North Dakota, 3-4 December 2010. We would like to get you involved with this annual event. This hunting tournament is a two-day contest, $250 entry per team. Check-ins will be on the 3th and 4th of December at 5:00 am and 6:00 pm (Central time). A block of rooms will be available at Seven Seas Motel in Mandan, ND. Cash, plaques, and prizes will be awarded to the teams with the highest two-day total. Payback will be as follows: 1st 25%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 15%, 4th 12%, 5th 8%, 6th 6%, 7th 5%, 8th 4%, 9th 3% & 10th 2%. .
Coyotes Forever
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Winter Classic 2010 RULES
1. Entry will be limited to 75 two-man teams. Entry fee shall be $250 per team. Payback will be as follows: 1st 25%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 15%, 4th 12%, 5th 8%, 6th 6%, 7th 5%, 8th 4%, 9th 3% & 10th 2%. After expenses have been met 100% of the remaining funds will be available for payout (From the Entry Fees $50 from each registration will be used for tournament expenses with an additional $20 going towards the Coyote Classic Tournament Series payout.) All prize money will be mailed to contestants after the tournament.
All cancellations will be subject to a $100 charge and will be refunded with in 4 weeks of cancellation. Cancellations after the 01Dec10 will not be refunded. We expect to reach our 75 team max and will not hold a spot without payment

2. Largest coyote ($15) and smallest coyote ($15) weights will be taken at check in. (100% payback). Cash paid each night for largest and smallest coyote shot that day.

3. Seminars will be held Friday from 7:30 pm thru 9:30pm. $7 at the door each night for non-contestants. (No charge for tournament contestants).

4. Coyotes must be taken at least 50 ft. from any vehicle.

5. $20 from each entry will be put towards the Coyote Classic Tournament Series payout.

6. Use of an ATV, Snowmobile, airplane, helicopter, Para plane, and/or ultra light to locate and/or chase coyotes will not be allowed. Use by either a team or by someone on behalf of a tournament participant will result in immediate removal from the tournament and will be banded from all future tournaments that Coyotehunter.net is associated with.

7. Coyotes can be taken with any .24 cal. or smaller cartridge, and/or shotgun. No suppressed rifles allowed.

8. No more than two persons per team. One vehicle only.

9. Core temperatures will be taken from all coyotes at check-in. Coyotes will be disallowed if temperature and time do not match.

10. The day of the tournament blocks will be distributed at the morning check-in and placed in each coyote’s mouth immediately upon retrieval. The block must have the team number and time of day marked clearly on the tag. Bands will be provided to place around the coyote’s mouth (top & bottom) to secure the block. THE BLOCK MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND BANDED IN THE COYOTES MOUTH. ANY COYOTE TURNED IN WITHOUT A PROPERLY FILLED OUT BLOCK (SEQUENCE NUMBER, TEMPERATURE, TEAM NUMBER) BANDED IN THE COYOTES MOUTH WILL BE DISALLOWED. Coyotes must be exposed to the outdoors. Coyotes cannot be placed in plastic bags, enclosed boxes, or stored inside a vehicle. This makes it impossible to get consistent core temps if these standards are not followed by everyone. NO EXEPTIONS.

11. We will be picking 5 teams at random by number to be mediators, with 5 additional teams as alternates prior to the start of the tournament. In the case a team with any coyotes that are disqualified during the check-ins, the team/s with the rule infraction will have an opportunity—after check-in on Saturday—to request a review by their peers. The review will be of the facts as they pertain to the coyotes in question. One member of each of the five teams will have a vote, and the majority vote will be the final ruling. The team that requests the review will have to pay an additional $100 upon that request. This $100 will be refunded back in the event the ruling in question is overturned, If the ruling stands, the $100 will be forfeited by the team who requested the review. This is not an opportunity to re-write rules, but an opportunity to an impartial review of the facts. NOTE: Rule 23 is not reviewable, and is only enforceable by the tournament director.

12. All applicable licenses must be in your possession at time of tournament. If you are hunting without a state furbearers license or applicable tribal license, local authorities may be notified and you will be disqualified from the tournament.

13. All entrants must be present and available to answer questions at both morning and evening check-ins.

14. No live decoys and /or dogs. (No running coyotes with dogs.)

15. No baiting.

16. All ties will be broken by check-in times of 2nd day.

17. Mouth call, hand calls and electronic calls can be used.

18. No pooling of coyotes between teams.

19. Check-in times are strongly enforced and it is the participant’s responsibility to get with a tournament official to log your check-in time. 1st day (5:00am–6:00pm), 2nd day (5:00am– 6:00pm) (Central time)

20. You have to locate and call your own coyotes. You cannot have a second team or individual out scouting for you.

21. All coyotes that are checked in will be inspected and will be donated to the tournament. This is to help cover the costs of the event.

22. Calcutta Auction: You can buy your own team for $175. If you do not choose to buy your team prior to the start of the Calcutta, your team will be available for open bidding to be purchased by the highest bidder. Bids start at $25. (90% payback)

23. Sportsmanship. Any team—upon the sole discretion of the tournament director—that shows a lack of consideration for other teams, the rules, or is just being an all-around asshole, will be refunded their entry fee and asked to leave. If it is determined that any team or team member who—in the past—has a history of questionable actions, coyotes, behavior, etc., that is deemed detrimental to the enjoyment of the tournament by others, they will be banned from entering the tournament. No team has an inherent right to hunt tournaments sponsored, promoted or officiated by Coyotehunter.net, and Coyotehunter.net reserves the right to refuse entry to any team or team member who has displayed the above-mentioned unsportsmanship-like behavior.
Coyotes Forever
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

we just signed up for mandan but did not see a place to buy ourselves in the calcutta. do we do it when we arrive???
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I dont think your allowed to buy yourself in any of the calcuttas this year. If you are able to, you can do it at the tournament.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Holy Crap... i've got 3 jobs going right now that i may not be able to finish untill next spring. rubber roof, shingle job, wood fence (ground to froze to dig). please send money to "The BnB fund' so's i can attend the upcoming tourney's :? thanks, love ya'll :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

thats what the winning from the first two tourneys are supposed to for. :wink:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

The Bottle Barn demands thier cut :wink:
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Ya whats Schmidtty's up to now $8.00 a case :lol: :wink: 8)
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

ya, it went up :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
coyoteman

Post by coyoteman »

is there still room for hunters in this hunt. L know shes getting close
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

we still have room, not filled up yet.
Coyotes Forever
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

anyone hear the weather forcast???
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

Looks like mid 20's and low winds as of now but things can change in a hurry as we all know. Keep your fingers crossed.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

thats good news. hope this wind doe'snt blow all the trails shut
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

bucksnbears wrote:thats good news. hope this wind doe'snt blow all the trails shut

Make sure you drive your hot rod car bucs :lol: :lol: I hope i get to drive by and wave at you as we head to check-ins when your stuck :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!