9NDCC Coyote Classic 6-8 January 2011

1-day coyote hunting tournament in Dickinson, ND Saturday Jan. 08, 2022. There will be a mandatory rules meeting at 6:00 p.m. Friiday January 7th at the in Dickinson, ND. Blocks will be distributed at that time.
There will be a check in Saturday at 7pm at the hotel parking lot. This hunting tournament is a two-day points series contest with a $100* per team entry fee (see rules for details). 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%, place finishes will be awarded to the teams with the highest one-day total. Additional prizes to be determined.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: The 9th Annual North Dakota Coyote Classic

Post by lyonch »

Finding land is pretty easy DuctyC. On the average, it seems as though you get about a 2 hour drive from Dickinson to get to your spot. Most people are more than willing to let you hunt coyotes. Levi and I ran into one person that wanted to charge us to hunt at there property since they charge pheasent hunters. There are always a lot of coyotes shot at this tournament and even a lot more seen. It would be great if you came out and hunted. I will buy the first beer and start the B.S.ing!!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Thanks Chris. I'll see what I can do. I will see if my partner can make it or not. If not I will have to find someone to hunt with pretty quick. What would happen if I sent my money and it turns out he can't get the time off to make it? The Classic is definitely a goal of mine. :D
"God hates a coward"
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Post by rorycoyote »

dusty lets go up there. i wont have much goin then and id love to make it up there too.
i will be without a computer for a while so give me a call if you want and we can get it figured out.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

DustyC wrote:Thanks Chris. I'll see what I can do. I will see if my partner can make it or not. If not I will have to find someone to hunt with pretty quick. What would happen if I sent my money and it turns out he can't get the time off to make it? The Classic is definitely a goal of mine. :D
Worse case scenario DuctyC you can hunt by yourself. The teams are just limited to 2 people max. I have seen guys hunt by themselves in past tournaments and win the tournament :wink: . It sounds like rorycoyote is a go for you. Come out to the classic and meet some great sportsman :D
Chris Lyon

DustyC

Post by DustyC »

talked to rory this morning and its a go. Plan on heading out in november to scout.
"God hates a coward"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Dusty, you can also hunt other states such as montana if you want to
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

good to hear you guys are going to make it
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Post by rorycoyote »

im ready to go now. cant wait!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Good to see you guys are going to make it!!! If you can think about your scouting trip being earlier or a little later deer season in that country is in november there will be orange people running through the hillls all over!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Prairie Ghost wrote:Good to see you guys are going to make it!!! If you can think about your scouting trip being earlier or a little later deer season in that country is in november there will be orange people running through the hillls all over!
Good Advice! I Dont dare coyote hunt during deer season, kinda scary!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

I was just wondering what our chances of getting in are like. I'm like a kid staring through the glass of a locked candy store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :wink:
"God hates a coward"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Dusty, we both have to wait till sept 1 to see if we get in i think. i think our odds are pretty good :wink:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

There is usually someone that either backs out, or forgets to sign up before Sept. 1st. Just make sure that if there are any openings, that you sign up and pay the day of the dealine.
Chris Lyon

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Like Jamie said, send your entry form and money in now, and get on the waiting list.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

LeviM wrote:Like Coyotehunter said, send your entry form and money in now, and get on the waiting list.
zben done!! :wink: