9NDCC Coyote Classic 6-8 January 2011

1-day coyote hunting tournament in Dickinson, ND Saturday Jan. 08, 2022. There will be a mandatory rules meeting at 6:00 p.m. Friiday January 7th at the in Dickinson, ND. Blocks will be distributed at that time.
There will be a check in Saturday at 7pm at the hotel parking lot. This hunting tournament is a two-day points series contest with a $100* per team entry fee (see rules for details). 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%, place finishes will be awarded to the teams with the highest one-day total. Additional prizes to be determined.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tbush
coyotehunter

Re: The 9th Annual North Dakota Coyote Classic

Post by Tbush »

Hey does anybody know if the motel is giving us a reduced rate?? they always have :D but the person I talked with didn't know?? Its more than double than it used to be :(
a proud member of the "IF" team
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

there is a block of rooms at a reduced rate however when they get filled you will have to pay the full price. I'm not sure if they are filled yet coyotehunter might be able to tell you.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

the Quality Inn has a block of rooms for us set up.
Coyotes Forever
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Coyotehunter wrote:If you have not got a room for the Classic yet you need to do so as soon as possible. I have a block of 30 rooms set aside at a $69 per night rate. once those rooms are gone you will be stuck paying the full rate. which as of now I think is $135 a night.

:D
Coyotes Forever
Wiswileyhunter
coyotehunter

Post by Wiswileyhunter »

The rooms are booked and the excitment builds. We did get in on the reduced room rate. I can't wait to be part of this years classic. Meeting fellow callers and learning new skills is always something I enjoy greatly.

Got the season started over the weekend with a light of the moon double on Friday night. Let the games begin!!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I dont know if someone from wisconsin has ever hunted the classic before :? I could be wrong though, but anyhow, im glad to hear that everything is ready to go for you :D See you there!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I'm pretty sure WI has been covered before we have had as high as seven states covered before in one hunt i believe.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I think we did 9 states I believe a couple of times. Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Idaho, Washington, Indiana, South Dakota....the states I can think of off the top of my head.
Coyotes Forever
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

how many teams are signed up as of now???
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
singleshot1
coyotehunter

Post by singleshot1 »

Illinois is planning on attending this year... The things a guy will do to go shoot a stinking coyote :lol: :lol:
" Do you squeal too...? "
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

One month to go. Anyone else getting excited for the Classic? Counting down the days!
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Post by rorycoyote »

cant wait to go. looking forward to meeting all the guys on here
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

I THINK I'M READY. BEEN SHOOING OUT TO 75 YARDS AND GETTING SOFTBAL SIZE GROUPS :P COME ON DECEMBER THAW :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

Hope we have less snow for the classic that we have here in SE MN. We are getting NAILED down here. Anybody got a snow report in the Dickinson area at all? Got to be less than last year. All my best stands were too far from the main roads to walk into even with snowshoes on. Lost alot of good stands because of it. Is it unreasonable to think that I could snow blow my way into a stand and still have coyotes come in???? :D
littlebigenuf
coyotehunter

Post by littlebigenuf »

I hunted the Belfield Tourny this past weekend which is only a few miles west of Dickinson and there is plenty of snow already. Most section lines north of Interstate or drifted shut or too deep to drive in but there is less snow south of Interstate. Around the Bowman area most trails are still open and lots of grass still pokes through the snow. I work up around New Town and there is way more snow in the northern part of the state.
WJ