9NDCC Coyote Classic 6-8 January 2011

1-day coyote hunting tournament in Dickinson, ND Saturday Jan. 08, 2022. There will be a mandatory rules meeting at 6:00 p.m. Friiday January 7th at the in Dickinson, ND. Blocks will be distributed at that time.
There will be a check in Saturday at 7pm at the hotel parking lot. This hunting tournament is a two-day points series contest with a $100* per team entry fee (see rules for details). 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%, place finishes will be awarded to the teams with the highest one-day total. Additional prizes to be determined.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: The 9th Annual North Dakota Coyote Classic

Post by bucksnbears »

how'd that tourny go?????
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
littlebigenuf
coyotehunter

Post by littlebigenuf »

It was a pretty fun little tournament. I thought there were 23 entries but only 19 teams came back for check-in. My partner and I seen 12 coyotes and brought in 0! Some were running out before we got to our stands because of the load snow, some would hold up way out there, and we missed the ones that we had good shots at. :oops: I learned a good lesson though, don't take a brand new AR-15 out in the cold weather and expect it to work. Worked "ok" earlier this fall when I sighted it in but would not cycle a single round the day of the tournament. Frustrating to have all them shells in that gun and only being able to get one off. I guess from what I hear, it needs to be shot more to wear the paint off the action or taken apart and lighty buffed with emmery cloth. IDK. A good pair of callers from over around New Salem won it with 10 dogs :wink: . Second place was 5 dogs and third was only 2 or 3. Sure seem to be a lot of dogs around. Can't wait for the Classic.
WJ
malard12
coyotehunter

Post by malard12 »

I was wondering if there are still openings for the Dakota Classic? If there is room, that we will be signing up as soon as the registration page is working again.
Thanks!
Snowball1968

Post by Snowball1968 »

Curious if confirmation letters have been mailed out or not?
Snowball
1dogdown
coyotehunter

Post by 1dogdown »

:cry: :cry: We have to miss the Classic this year. I wanted redeem ourselves from last years goose egg! I guess it will have to wait till next year. We really had a good time last year! It just sucks a guy has to work for a living :lol: :x . I guess Obama might change that though :lol: :lol: . Good luck to all! Hope we can make Valley City.
wallihunter

Post by wallihunter »

Cant wait few more weeks hope mother nature gives us a break, if so the dogs are going to be hungry and there will be alot of dogs killed, if not we will just have to work really hard and pray.....
diem24

Post by diem24 »

Is there a way to verify that my team has been entered in this? Also, Nikolas Diemer/Justin Frautschy is the correct spelling, just in case you wanna go ahead and get the trophy engraved in advance! J/K Looking forward to this for the past 11 months. Thanks and Merry Christmas
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

deleted due to my own incompetence. Please see next post.
Last edited by jaybic on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

As a Christmas present to you all, Bucs(sorry man, I volunteered you again) and I will be performing mandatory rifle cleanings and inspections on the Thursday night prior to the Classic. Our services are free and we will be checking all rifles to be sure they are clean, reliable and in good working order. All you have to do is drop it off at the check in desk to either one of us and get lost for about 5 minutes. This will include us checking the zero and we will supply the ammunition as well as verification targets. Please do not attempt to fire the rifle once it has been checked lest you knock your scope off. We figured this was the least we could during this season of cheer and in the spirit of Christmas although we must post the disclaimer that any and all "missed coyotes" are not the fault of our work but simply poor marksmanship(honest!!!). :D

Bucs, I will be checking your rifle and mine is not in need of service. :D

Seriously tho, Merry Christmas to all of you and yours and see ya in a couple weeks!!!!!

Jaybic and family
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

tried today to verifiy my rifle was shooting M.O.C (minute of coyote) but seen nothing to verify it on :( Merry christmas to all.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Post by rorycoyote »

thats fine you guys can check rifles out:P and when dusty and me get there from wyo we will do a vehicle inspection :wink: . so if everyone would drop of their keys after they get their rifles checked out everything should be in good order for the hunt :D
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

rorycoyote wrote:thats fine you guys can check rifles out:P and when dusty and me get there from wyo we will do a vehicle inspection :wink: . so if everyone would drop of their keys after they get their rifles checked out everything should be in good order for the hunt :D
:lol: :lol:
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

Damn it! Why somebody always gotta be smarter'n me???
turbivic
coyotehunter

Post by turbivic »

Not Going To Make the Big Event this year. Have to work :( Dropped off some flyers at the Quality Inn for our contest in February. Hope to see some of you at it. It is going to be a good one with several guns, custom calls, ecalls, decoys, etc for prizes and giveaway. Registration due February 4th. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! ps weather report: Looks like a good storm coming into our area next weekend, could change everything!!! :) Good Luck to everyone!
2nd Annual Scremain' Demon Classic
Jan 20, 21, & 22, 2012
LUDLOW, SD
PM for more Info
turbivic
coyotehunter

Post by turbivic »

Getting lots of snow and wind here in NW SD. not sure how far it extends north but should be making for some hungry coyotes.!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
2nd Annual Scremain' Demon Classic
Jan 20, 21, & 22, 2012
LUDLOW, SD
PM for more Info