9NDCC Coyote Classic 6-8 January 2011

1-day coyote hunting tournament in Dickinson, ND Saturday Jan. 08, 2022. There will be a mandatory rules meeting at 6:00 p.m. Friiday January 7th at the in Dickinson, ND. Blocks will be distributed at that time.
There will be a check in Saturday at 7pm at the hotel parking lot. This hunting tournament is a two-day points series contest with a $100* per team entry fee (see rules for details). 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%, place finishes will be awarded to the teams with the highest one-day total. Additional prizes to be determined.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Snowball1968

Re: The 9th Annual North Dakota Coyote Classic

Post by Snowball1968 »

Man I was really hoping there wasn't gonna be snow up to our ears. Guess I'll give my partner something to laugh at when I take my first dive! Great fun snowshoeing on steep slopes. Hopefully the coyotes appreciate our effort at the Classic. Can't wait!!!!!
Snowball
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

is the snow as bad out there as last year? I hope not or I am gonna have to take up hunting the Arizon Coyote Classic. Stinking snow!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

jaybic wrote:is the snow as bad out there as last year? I hope not or I am gonna have to take up hunting the Arizon Coyote Classic. Stinking snow!
my guess is way worse :(
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Snowball1968

Post by Snowball1968 »

Going to find out from a friend and will let everyone know. Cross your fingers!!!!
Snowball
turbivic
coyotehunter

Post by turbivic »

Here in NW SD it is not as bad as last year by any means. There are a few hard drifts here and there but not as much on the plains as last year. We are getting a pretty good storm right now but it is blowing up in piles as well. Hard to tell how much we have got so far but I would guess a couple more inches. Before this storm we had some brown spots.
2nd Annual Scremain' Demon Classic
Jan 20, 21, & 22, 2012
LUDLOW, SD
PM for more Info
Snowball1968

Post by Snowball1968 »

Just talked to a farmer north of Dickinson; he said they had about a foot and a half of snow.
Snowball
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

sitting here putting blocks together for the hunt................got some sweet skulls from optimax, first place trophies are done just need the plaques put on.
Coyotes Forever
turbivic
coyotehunter

Post by turbivic »

Coyotehunter wrote:sitting here putting blocks together for the hunt................got some sweet skulls from optimax, first place trophies are done just need the plaques put on.

Week away now huh? bet things are starting to get busy for contest now. I know we are still over a month out and there is a lot starting to happen with ours. we had a local taxidermy donate the plaques for first and second with european mount coyote skulls on them and another wood worker donated some really cool laser cut plaques for third and fourth. how many places do you give plaques to?
Jan 20, 21, & 22, 2012
LUDLOW, SD
PM for more Info
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

coyote skulls on you first place trophies seems to be real popular these days :mrgreen: we give out plaques to the top 5 teams and place out through 10th.
Coyotes Forever
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

Well I guess the skulls got there and are up to standards for the trophies, thats cool.. Hope I can get them back with alittle extra hardware attached :wink: :wink: HA! we will be happy just to get there and go hunting.... :)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
turbivic
coyotehunter

Post by turbivic »

Coyotehunter wrote:coyote skulls on you first place trophies seems to be real popular these days :mrgreen: we give out plaques to the top 5 teams and place out through 10th.

Cool we hope to pay out at least six and up to ten teams depending on number of teams to enter. i was shocked when the taxidermist said he would donate time and supplies for the 1st and 2nd place plaques. excited to get them.
Jan 20, 21, & 22, 2012
LUDLOW, SD
PM for more Info
wallihunter

Post by wallihunter »

Cant wait til next weekend but there is alot of snow just like last year. o well what do ya do, just put snow shoes on and work hard things will come together just have to work hard and shoot strait i hope it is like last year because my brother and i like it like that we seem to do better like that maybe are work ethic i dont no but it will be a good hunt either way. Cant wait to see you all. Gonna be a good hunt like always win or loose...........
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

The hard workers should shine by what i'm hearing for snow. Opti the skulls looked real good and yes they are on this years trophys. Take pride in that I'm fairly picky in skulls and yours look good.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

Opti the skulls looked real good and yes they are on this years trophys. Take pride in that I'm fairly picky in skulls and yours look good.[/quote]

Thanks man, glad to help out!!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
wallihunter

Post by wallihunter »

Snowing again today i think i am gonna cry.