6NDCC Coyote Classic 10-12 January 2008

1-day coyote hunting tournament in Dickinson, ND Saturday Jan. 08, 2022. There will be a mandatory rules meeting at 6:00 p.m. Friiday January 7th at the in Dickinson, ND. Blocks will be distributed at that time.
There will be a check in Saturday at 7pm at the hotel parking lot. This hunting tournament is a two-day points series contest with a $100* per team entry fee (see rules for details). 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%, place finishes will be awarded to the teams with the highest one-day total. Additional prizes to be determined.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Will you be entering the 6th NDCC

Yes
82%
No
12%
undecided
6%

Total votes: 17

lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Hey jamie dont forget to put the coyote that levi and i got into the ugly dog contest :D He's a top notch dog :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

2008 6th Coyote Classic results

Post by Coyotehunter »

News Release . . . For Immediate Release . . . Jan. 14, 2007

6th ANNUAL COYOTE CLASSIC A SUCCESS

Another successful Coyote Classic has come and gone. Held this year at The Quality Inn in Dickinson, North Dakota January 10 – 12, 2007, this tournament offered over $14,175.00 in cash and prizes. While preparing for the “Classic” I sometimes wonder why I go through all the stress of putting a tournament together, but on Saturday night when it was all done, I remembered why. It is the hunters that come out to this event that make it all worthwhile. I have to say this was by far the most fun I have had running a tournament. Most of the guys sat up either talking shop or just laughing over one story after another all night. What a great group of guys! We were able to raise money this year for the Dickinson Youth Activities, and I want to thank Roxanne Ficek and Delvin Praus for all their help. We had less than perfect weather this year and just about got blown away on Friday. Only 34 coyotes brought in, and with the exception of an outstanding day by Wayne Buchholz (2005 co-champion) and his partner Justin Rogstad with 5 coyotes, many teams had a big donut to show for their effort. Saturday the wind settled down and teams were able to come back and we had a total of 51 song dogs brought in to set a new record for number of coyotes taken at the “Classic” with a grand total of 85 coyotes.

Unlike most coyote tournaments hosted throughout the mid-west, the North Dakota Coyote Classic offers hunters an opportunity to learn about hunting and calling coyotes. This year we had Jerry Hunsley of Wiley One Predator Calls give a seminar on Saturday night. Go to http://www.coyotehunter.net for tournament pictures and final tournament results.

Coyotehunter.net offered prize money and plaques to the teams that brought in the most coyotes in this two-day tournament. Cash prizes were awarded both Friday and Saturday for the largest and smallest coyotes brought in by the 43 two-man teams. This style of tournament—with expert lecturers and with mega door prizes—makes it one-of-a-kind in the state of North Dakota. After the awards ceremony Saturday we passed out over $2000 in door prizes with everyone on Saturday night going home with something. I want to thank everyone for the great attendance at the seminar again this year.

The largest coyote shot on Friday weighed in at 34.12 lbs, and was taken by Terry & Travis Bush. The smallest dog for day one weighed 20.5 lbs, and was taken by Wes Jenson & TJ Pennington. The largest coyote taken Saturday was brought in by Tom & Matt Benjamin, and it weighed in at 33.3 lbs. Troy Johnson & Shawn Borneman took the prize on Saturday, for the smallest dog, weighing in at 20.10 lbs. These teams took home $292.50 a piece for the big dog/little dog contest totaling $1170.00.

Over 270 coyotes where seen during this two day event with 85 coyotes checked-in. The top five teams split purses totaling $5,985.00 with an additional $2,790.00 raised in the Calcutta. First place this year went to Chad Ulmer and Brandon Peterson who brought in a total of 6 coyotes (4:54pm check-in). They bought themselves in the Calcutta, so their cash payout was $3190.00. They were also each awarded with a D.P.M.S. Panther Rifle, Desert Shadow Camo, and Coyote-head Trophies. Second place went to Terry & Travis Bush bringing in 6 coyotes (5:37 pm check-in) with winnings of $1,496.25, along with $200 each Coyotehunter.net coupons for King’s Shadow Camo, Pure Predator custom calls and plaques. Their team was bought in the Calcutta by DuWayne Vandenhoek for $40 and paid back $837.00. Brandy Edlund and Matt Monson won third place with 5 coyotes (3:28pm check-in), awarding them $1,197.00, $150 each Coyotehunter.net coupons for King’s Shadow Camo, Wiley One Predator Calls and plaques. Andrew Johnson and Curt Hanson bought the 3rd place team in the Calcutta fetching them $558. Fourth place went to Denis Troftgruben and Keith Baer with five coyotes (4:45pm check-in). This is their 3rd consecutive top 5 finish. They were awarded $897.75, and plaques. Fifth place winners with 5 dogs (5:00pm check-in) Troy Johnson and Shawn Borneman went home with $598.50, and plaques.

Coyotehunter.net would like to thank Amy Braun and Terri Thiel of the Dickinson Convention and Visitors Bureau for all their hard work. A special thanks to the following: Brad Troftgruben, Nathan Condit, Ron Jenson, Levi Mcnally, Chris Lyons and my wife Jody Olson for all the hard work they did running the tournament. I would also like to thank; Keith Zastoupil of Keith’s Furs, Kings Desert Shadow Camo; Jeff Rheborg of Varmint Hunter Association; and the Quality Inn of Dickinson, ND. Thanks also to Pine Valley Trophy for their original coyote-skull trophies. Thanks to all the contributors and sponsors: D.P.M.S Panther Rifles, Kings Outdoor, Mark Zepp, FoxPro, Hunter Specialties, Redding Reloading Equipment, Pure Predator custom Calls, Rocky Mt. Wildlife Products, Bell & Carlson, Jerry Hunsley maker of Wiley One Predator calls.

We would like to thank all of you for your help and support, setting up booths, giving seminars, advertising and donating doors prizes. And special thanks again this year to all the hunters who continue to support this annual event. We hope to see you all again next year.

awards table

coyote-skull trophies

DPMS Rifles

King's Desert Shadow Camo

Door Prizes

All set up ready to start

Champions Chad Ulmer & Brandon Peterson

D.P.M.S. Panther Arms Pro-Team Member Kevin Kerner presenting a pair of Panther rifles to the 1st place team.

1st place team with 6 coyotes Chad Ulmer & Brandon Peterson (4:54pm)

2nd place team Terry & Travis Bush

2nd place team with 6 coyotes Terry & Travis Bush (5:37pm)

3rd place team Brandy Edlund & Matt Monson with 5 coyotes (3:28pm)

4th place team Denis Troftgruben & Keith Baer with 5 coyotes (4:45pm)

5th place team Troy Johnson & Shawn Borneman with 5 dogs (5:00pm)

Levi Mcnally and Chris Lyons with one ugly coyote

Wayne Buchholz (2005 co-champion) and his partner Justin Rogstad with 5 coyotes to lead day one

Jeff & Dakota

check-ins

Jerry Hunsley Wiley One Predator calls

Full house for Jerry's seminar Saturday night

FoxPro electronic call and Decoy door prize

Special thanks to the following sponsors of the
6th Annual North Dakota Coyote Classic:

· D.P.M.S.
o Donated two 16? Bull Barrel rifles.

· KINGS OUTDOOR
o Donated camo. to top three finishers.
o Donated door prizes.

· MARK ZEPP
o Donated calls and videos.

· FOXPRO
o Donated an electronic call and an electronic decoy.

· BURNHAM BROTHERS
o Donated dvds.

· HUNTERS SPECIALTIES
o Donated calls and dvd?s.

· REDDING RELOADING EQUIPMENT
o Donated reloading discounted product coupons.

· BELL & CARLSON
o Donated targets.

· ROCKY MT. WILDLIFE PRODUCTS
o Donated calls.

· Wiley One Predator Calls
o Donated calls.

· Pure Predator custom calls
o Donated calls.

· DICKINSON CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU

· COYOTEHUNTER.NET

http://www.coyotehunter.net
Coyotes Forever
Last edited by Coyotehunter on Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Nice Pics Jamie!!

You could of left our mangy one out of it! :wink:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
rhino
coyotehunter

Post by rhino »

looks like it was a good time. nice pictures.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Yes, it looks like it was a good time. I am glad you enjoyed your effort putting together the tournament coyotehunter. Looks very organized and professional.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Jamie i have a suggestion for next year for you. I think that you need to get up in front of everybody and tell them stories about harley and his poor pillow :lol: I think harley made levi jealous when he was able to rock the horse trailer like that :wink:
Chris Lyon

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

There is no way I could of got that trailor rocking the way he did? Where trying to hang coyotes on the darn thing and Harley keeps rocking them off! :lol:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

good god man, he was at it again last night. It is frick'n embarrasing. He does not even care if I can see him now. No shame. He will stand by the dog box door until I let him in. He even gave me the "check me out" look last night. I threw the pillow out. The wife would not wash it anymore. Its just wrong, funny but wrong.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LMAO
she is just tired of you being unable to perform like that jamie :wink: . thats why she through it out and refused to wash it. Now he is going to graduate from the pillow to your leg :shock: then we will hear leg humping stories.
Chris Lyon

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I want you to know, that stock trailer weighs about 4000 lbs. The way that thing was shaking he would probably rip my leg clean off.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

LMAO

I still laugh my butt off everytime I think of that story

Now that you threw his pillow out, hes going to walk around humping the pillow you sleep on!! Then I would like to see the face he has when you catch him :wink:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this will never go away jamie. every time i go to a stand i have to do the harley pillow positioning like you were or i gurantee you i wont call one in :D plus levi and i can have a good giggle before we get to the stand.
Chris Lyon

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen i wish i could have been there for friday night it sounds like missed some great talks. The bunch of guys that are hunting this tournament is unparralled i hope everyone shows back up next year i couldn't have asked for it to run more smoothly with the check ins.

Keep it up guys
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

That story is a Classic.

Congrats again Brandon and Chad you put together two solid days and thats what it takes!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
yotehowler

Post by yotehowler »

thank you brad, brandon and i are having a blast shooting the ar-15's. :twisted: and also admiring our trophys. were planning on going out hunting this weekend finally some nice weather to call em in. were hoping to call in a white one we had seen earlier in the year :!:
Good things come to those that shoot straight!