8NDCC Coyote Classic 7-9 January 2010

1-day coyote hunting tournament in Dickinson, ND Saturday Jan. 08, 2022. There will be a mandatory rules meeting at 6:00 p.m. Friiday January 7th at the in Dickinson, ND. Blocks will be distributed at that time.
There will be a check in Saturday at 7pm at the hotel parking lot. This hunting tournament is a two-day points series contest with a $100* per team entry fee (see rules for details). 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%, place finishes will be awarded to the teams with the highest one-day total. Additional prizes to be determined.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: 8NDCC 7th-9th January 2010

Post by Coyotehunter »

it is not a violation of the rules, but you want to make sure the coyotes are not stacked because it does not allow them to cool down. Can you put them on top some how?? those back racks just raise hell. the coyotes come in solid ice and mud.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I know its been suggested as well that a guy doesn't even allow the coyotes to touch in the truck. Its not a violation of the rules, but if the temps read false, that individual coyote will be DQed no questions asked by the tournament director. The only idea that i have come up with for an SUV would to make a wind break like they have on semis and tuck the coyotes behind that. You would also need sides on it so that the wind doesn't effect the coyotes farther back. As jamie mentioned earlier, those back racks can really raise hell on the pelts and that does not look good to the fur buyer when he is trying to buy $3 dollar avergae coyotes on the round this year :cry: :cry:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

If you use the back rack make sure to put a tarp down first so that they don't get covered in ice and mud and have there temps messed up.

Just remember to read back on BNB's post when he was DQ'd it was not that the tournament director was calling him a liar or cheat but that his coyote didn't temp read right for whatever reason and had to be DQ'd plain and simple end of story.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

50 teams, confirmation letters have been sent.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Does anyone know when the sidney MT coyote round up is? I know last year there was a few teams complaining that they were unaware of a tournament that happened in that area the weekend before of the classic. They dont call in that tournament either :shock:
Chris Lyon

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

they allow snowmobiles.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Just a reminder if you would like a room at the quality Inn and have not yet reserved one, you better do it soon!!!!! Last year a few teams were scrambling looking for a hotel in Dickinson
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have recently gotten a few cancellations for the 2010 "Classic"............I got some openings.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Jamie do you have a team list with team numbers yet you could post?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Jeck
coyotehunter

Post by Jeck »

What are your guys' predictions for what it will take to win the Classic this year? So far... the weather looks good (5-15 mph winds) for those days. I am guessing 10-12 coyotes will win it. What do you think?
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

There are a lot of good teams that have a potential to put up a good number of coyotes. When you look at years past it could take 6 to win or it could take 16 or more. If the teams who shoot well get into an area that holds a lot of coyotes they can really put a hurt on them. If i had to make a predicition on what the weather is saying right now i would have to say 12 will win. Its all a guess until the results are in and posted.
Chris Lyon

mitchkvernum
coyotehunter

Post by mitchkvernum »

Hell you never know what Will win it, could be 5.. could be 20.. :lol: .. seriously.... Depends how the dogs are responding... Can someone shoot me the dates for the Minot tournament?
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

We have not set a date for minot yet, I am sure we will figure something out after we talk about during the classic. We will let you know! or maybe we wont, since you and Marty shoot 20 dogs a day :shock:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

:D :D :D :D :lol: :lol:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
jeanette Bachmeier

Post by jeanette Bachmeier »

would you be able to put the names & # that the hunters are we would like to make sure we are in the top 50 Thanx!