Nafa Feb. Sale

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

Nafa Feb. Sale

Post by lyonch »

Well it looks like NAFA's Feb. sale is off and running. It looks as though some of this fur could be selling at dratically high prices. The ranch fox are up 50% from last year. A lot of pelts are going for around $150.00 Marten are on the table right now with otter finishing the day out. I hope i didn't sell my furs too soon :shock:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: Nafa Feb. Sale

Post by lyonch »

Well the Western Northern select coon sold this morning. There were 50 pelts in this lot, and they went for $110 per pelt :shock: You need to remeber these are 4x and bigger coon that have the perfect color and perfect leather to them! I have been hearing a few lots going for around $9 per pelt as of lately, but i think we will see a decent average this year when it's all said and done from this sale.
Chris Lyon

lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

It looks like NAFA scrambled and got a quick result sheet up from yesterday. The clearences look good so far!! I think i did ok on my coon when you look at the general averages they received. People need to remeber that with NAFA you need to take 10% off the top for their commission and also have a small tumbling fee they take out of your check to boot. The coyotes and beaver are up today along with the fox, badger, and a few other critters. I will update with what i hear.

http://www.nafa.ca/en/wp-content/upload ... WF-EN1.pdf
Chris Lyon

lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Here is an update on the coyotes.

Top Lot coyotes went for $330 per pelt!!!!! Remember though these are the best of the best pelts that are offered at this acution. Second Lot went for $125 per pelt and they gradually went down to $90 and are settled out there and easterns are up next. They sell the best pelts first then work on the lower end stuff. I will update with what an average ND coyote would have brought when the auction gets over.
Chris Lyon

lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Well the hot item of coyote pelts are starting to drop drastically!! A lot of the low grade fur is being bought back :( I was hoping for good clearences on these items. There are a couple of days left, so maybe the side sales and private treaty sales will be able tyo move them. It looks like the montana and canadian folks faired out pretty good on this sale so far.
Chris Lyon

lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Well the NAFA sale went quite well for the coyotes! Below is a link to the tops and averages on some of the furs. The western heavy coyotes did very well :D

http://www.nafa.ca/en/wp-content/upload ... WF-EN3.pdf
Chris Lyon